public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Access to remote target via python in GDB
@ 2015-06-12 14:31 Duane Ellis
From: Duane Ellis @ 2015-06-12 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

I need to send some raw (custom) GDB/REMOTE packets to my target.

My end goal is this:

a) I need to create some extra GDB commands
    I want to write them in Python.

b) My target = remote always

c) My new commands need to send new packets to my remote target
    And of course handle the reply

What I understand so far:

I see the "packet" command is available when target=remote, I can use this to send a command.

I don't see a basic interface to this from Python, it seems the only means to do this is via the "gdb.execute" python method.

My question is this: Am I missing something? Or am on the right track. I don't want to travel down "the stupid road" only to learn there was a better way.]

Is my understanding correct? Is there a better way?

Thanks.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-06-12 14:31 UTC | newest]