public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* How to log instructions with GDB
@ 2021-03-08 14:32 Mahmood Naderan
       [not found] ` <DM5PR11MB1690D03D9484A8043834A68BDE919@DM5PR11MB1690.namprd11.prod.outlook.com>
From: Mahmood Naderan @ 2021-03-08 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,
I would like to know if GDB has a mechanism to trace the execution
instructions while debugging.
I am looking for a way to write the executed instructions (similar to the
disassembly format) in a file.

Regards,
Mahmood

* Re: How to log instructions with GDB
       [not found] ` <DM5PR11MB1690D03D9484A8043834A68BDE919@DM5PR11MB1690.namprd11.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2021-03-10 12:14   ` Mahmood Naderan
From: Mahmood Naderan @ 2021-03-10 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Metzger, Markus T, gdb

I am trying that on virtualbox. I get

(gdb) record btrace
Target does not support branch tracing.

Also, I would like to know where is the file contains "record full"
information?

Regards,
Mahmood

@ 2021-03-10 13:00     ` Metzger, Markus T
From: Metzger, Markus T @ 2021-03-10 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahmood Naderan, gdb

Looks like neither PT nor BTS is virtualized.  You’d need to try on a physical system.

The GDB manual describes record full and there’s also ‘help record’.

Regards,
Markus.

Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de<http://www.intel.de> <http://www.intel.de>