public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Re: Problems with gdb IRIX and signals
@ 2004-09-29  7:15 avasile
From: avasile @ 2004-09-29  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: gdb

This doesn't seem to work. The program in question is an Ada program. The
program just sits there like a stunned rabbit.

Yours
Tony Vasile
CSC
26 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113
Ph: +(61) 2 9034 2404    Email: avasile@csc.com.au

for such purpose.

* Re: Problems with gdb IRIX and signals
@ 2004-09-29  7:10 ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2004-09-29  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avasile; +Cc: gdb

> I'm trying to debug a program under IRIX 6.5 and when I attach to an
> already running program once I type cont
> there is to way to interrupt the program under test. The code hits the
> breakpoints I set but there is no way to interrupt the program.
>
> Versions are gdb 5.3 and gcc 2.8.1 - not quite state of the art but I've
> tried to compile later version with this ancient toolset but have had no
> joy and have given up.

Try the following trick: send a SIGINT to the process you're debugging.
If the process has a terminal, you can simply press "Control-C" in that
terminal, but otherwise a well placed "kill -INT pid" command should
also work as well.

--
Joel

* Problems with gdb IRIX and signals