public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Stack trace during binary file execution
@ 2023-01-15  0:09 empty
From: empty @ 2023-01-15  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hello. I apologize for my English, which I do not know =). This text is
machine translation.

I am interested in the possibility of implementing function call
tracing. I found a similar utility - strace, which provides a trace of
system calls. But this system call tracing is limited, allowing you to
track user functions only indirectly. Therefore, the question is: is it
possible to implement such a utility? If possible, are there any
restrictions for this?

The question is not really about pve, but I don't know where else to
get information on this issue (I didn't get an answer on stackoverflow).

To study the topic, I studied a little the logic of strace, which works
through ptrace, but I'm not quite sure yet.

If I am writing in the wrong place, then please correct who I can
contact for a little information.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-01-15  0:09 UTC | newest]