public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Wu Zhou <woodzltc@cn.ibm.com>
To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia@physics.uc.edu>
Cc: dinght@iopp.ccnu.edu.cn, fortran@gcc.gnu.org, bug-gdb@gnu.org,
	gdb@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Dose GDB support Fortran Cods?
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 05:29:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Andrew Pinski wrote:

> On Aug 7, 2005, at 10:06 PM, Wu Zhou wrote:
>

> > > command line,I use "gdb test",then I enter "list",but screen displays:
> > >
> > >     1       ../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S: No such file or directory.
> > >         in ../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S
> >
> > This is a bug in GDB, we ever discussed a similar problem in:
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2005-07/msg00228.html.
> >
> > BTW: there will be more chance you gdb/fortran problems get answered if
> > you ask in gdb@sources.redhat.com or fortran@gcc.gnu.org. It seems that
> > few people read bug-gdb@. :-)
>
> Actually it is really a bug in GCC for not emitting DW_AT_entry_point
> (dwarf-2) or N_MAIN (stabs), see PR 23280 which I just filed.  (I thought
> there was already a bug filed but I could only find one for GCJ/java).

OK.  I am not that sure about how gdb handle that.  Daniel ever told me
that we can fix this in gdb's side by setting the main function to
"MAIN__" for Fortran programs.

It seems to me that emitting DW_AT_entry_point in gcc's side is a better
idea.  But I am not sure whether gdb could handle it.  When gcc do emit
DW_AT_entry_point, I will verify that.  I had added myself into the
cc-list.

Regards
- Wu Zhou