public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* What are the consequences of tcsetpgrp warning?
@ 2022-03-03 15:32 Joe Nelson
From: Joe Nelson @ 2022-03-03 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb discussion list

Hi all, when I run gdb (version 7.12.1 on OpenBSD) directly from xterm,
it works fine. However when I run it as an inferior from DDD (3.3.12),
gdb warns:

  gdb: cannot set terminal foreground process group: Inappropriate ioctl for device

As I then begin running the debug session, the following warning appears
three times:

  [tcsetpgrp failed in terminal_inferior: Inappropriate ioctl for device]

Other than the warnings, all gdb functionality appears to work fine. Is
the warning cause for concern? Does it indicate broken functionality
that I may stumble over in the future?

Thanks for any help!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-03-03 15:32 UTC | newest]