public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* c++ templates and gdb
@ 2005-08-23  7:00 Dima Sorkin
From: Dima Sorkin @ 2005-08-23  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi.
 I have problems with debugging c++ templates
on gdb (I tried 6.3 and earlier versions, on Linux and MinGW):

1a) Often I am unable to set a breakpoint inside a template-
       function,or member of a template class. Gdb just
       don't "see" the code.
1b) Even if I set a breakpoint, gdb sometimes doesn't stop there.

2) Gdb doesn't understand the names of a templates, for
    example trying to set a breakpoint at the entry of
     " my_class<int>::f() "
     won't be understood by gdb.Automatic name completion
     and resolution of template names (as described in the
     manual) does not work.

Somebody have some hints ?

Thank you.
  Dima.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-08-23  7:00 UTC | newest]