public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* [binutils 2.40 branch] backport configure: remove dependencies on gmp and mpfr when gdb is disabled
@ 2023-02-04 20:43 Romain GEISSLER
From: Romain GEISSLER @ 2023-02-04 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils; +Cc: chigot, gdb

Hi,

When trying to build binutils 2.40 from the branch I have hit the issue that despite configuring with --disable-gdb --disable-gdbserver the configure file still try to look for gmp and mpfr. Clément Chigot has fixed this issue on the already in the master branch, the patch was posted here https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/2023-January/125430.html and committed as commit 5fb0e308577143ceb313fde5538dc9ecb038f29f.

Can anyone please cherry-pick this commit to the branch 2.40 of the binutils ?

Thanks,
Romain

* Re: [binutils 2.40 branch] backport configure: remove dependencies on gmp and mpfr when gdb is disabled
@ 2023-02-09  9:07 ` Clément Chigot
From: Clément Chigot @ 2023-02-09  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Clifton, Romain GEISSLER; +Cc: binutils, gdb

Hi Romain,

On Sat, Feb 4, 2023 at 9:43 PM Romain GEISSLER
<romain.geissler@amadeus.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When trying to build binutils 2.40 from the branch I have hit the issue that despite configuring with --disable-gdb --disable-gdbserver the configure file still try to look for gmp and mpfr. Clément Chigot has fixed this issue on the already in the master branch, the patch was posted here https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/2023-January/125430.html and committed as commit 5fb0e308577143ceb313fde5538dc9ecb038f29f.
>
> Can anyone please cherry-pick this commit to the branch 2.40 of the binutils ?

Yeah, I'll do it.

Nick ok for backport ?
(As it's my first backport in this repo, anything else has to be done
in addition to "git cherry-pick" and amending the commit message ?)

Thanks,
Clément

* Re: [binutils 2.40 branch] backport configure: remove dependencies on gmp and mpfr when gdb is disabled
@ 2023-02-09 10:02   ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2023-02-09 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clément Chigot, Romain GEISSLER; +Cc: binutils, gdb

Hi Clément,

> Nick ok for backport ?

Yes.

> (As it's my first backport in this repo, anything else has to be done
> in addition to "git cherry-pick" and amending the commit message ?)

Nope - that is it. :-)

Cheers
   Nick