public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Multilib GDB on Linux S390x (zSeries)
@ 2003-06-25  9:54 Dirk Volkmar
From: Dirk Volkmar @ 2003-06-25  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi!

We are porting some software to linux for zSeries. The software uses MQSeries
that is only availabe for 32 bit. So we use the gcc with the -m31 switch.
The Appliction work but could'nt be debugged with gdb.

Trying to debug a helloworld.c compiled with the same switches
gcc -g -m31 helloworld.c

GDB complains:
This GDB was configured as "s390x-ibm-linux"..."/xentric/volkdir/src/a.out": not
in executable format: File format not recognized

I tried this with different versions from gcc/gdb and got allways the same
problem.
(gcc 3.3/3.2, gdb 5.3/5.2)

--
Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.

* Re: Multilib GDB on Linux S390x (zSeries)
@ 2003-06-25 11:09 ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2003-06-25 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dirk Volkmar; +Cc: gdb