public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* no LWP to satisfy query
@ 2003-04-18 22:06 David Carlton
From: David Carlton @ 2003-04-18 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

A user here who was trying to debug a multithreaded program ran into
the following message from GDB:

  Cannot find user-level thread for LWP 371: no LWP to satisfy query

I don't know much about GDB's thread support; does this look familiar
to anybody?  This shows up with GDB 5.3 and with my branch (which I
synced to mainline on Wednesday); uname -a on that system says:

Linux luai.kealia.com 2.4.18-27.7.xsmp #1 SMP Fri Mar 14 05:52:30 EST 2003 i686
unknown

Is there any other information that might be helpful?

David Carlton
carlton@bactrian.org

* Re: no LWP to satisfy query
@ 2003-04-21  3:44 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-04-21  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Carlton; +Cc: gdb

Usually this means that we're trying to query the thread manager while
it's not in a stopped state; Kevin B. submitted a patch to fix one
place where we do this, a couple months back.  Might want to look for
it.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* Re: no LWP to satisfy query
@ 2003-04-21  4:06   ` David Carlton
From: David Carlton @ 2003-04-21  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: gdb

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 23:43:59 -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> said:

> Usually this means that we're trying to query the thread manager while
> it's not in a stopped state; Kevin B. submitted a patch to fix one
> place where we do this, a couple months back.  Might want to look for
> it.

Thanks, I'll look for that.

David Carlton
carlton@math.stanford.edu