* Setting CC on reports via email
@ 2000-03-08 13:37 Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-03-08 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

I noticed gnatsweb has a feature for keeping a list of additional
people to notify on status changes in a PR (CC these people on PR
status email). I have two questions about this feature:

1. Is it reliable? I.e. will the notification work regardless of
   whether the change is made via gnatsweb, via or edit-pr?

2. Is it available on creation of a report via email as well? If so,
   how can I set the CC list when creating a PR.

The reason I ask: I have to forward a large backlog of pending reports
into GNATS, and will continue to insert new reports in this way. I
made an elisp script to copy an email message into a GNATS send-pr
message, and I would like to have the original submitter in the CC
list (I'll appear as the Reporter's email as I actually added it to
the database).

Any help appreciated,
Martin

* Re: Setting CC on reports via email
@ 2000-03-08 14:35 ` Rick Macdonald
From: Rick Macdonald @ 2000-03-08 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin v. Loewis; +Cc: gnats-devel, bug-gnats

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> I noticed gnatsweb has a feature for keeping a list of additional
> people to notify on status changes in a PR (CC these people on PR
> status email). I have two questions about this feature:
>
> 1. Is it reliable? I.e. will the notification work regardless of
>    whether the change is made via gnatsweb, via or edit-pr?

The CC list in gnatsweb (called "Notify-List" in TkGnats) is actually the
X-GNATS-Notify "mail header" of GNATS PR's. As long as you have the latest
gnats version (3.113), it works fine.

It appears this is still the same in GNATS v4.

> 2. Is it available on creation of a report via email as well? If so,
>    how can I set the CC list when creating a PR.

Just add it to the email headers. Here is an example:

From: ...
To: bugs
Subject: Tad needs get out of jail free card

...RickM...

* Re: Setting CC on reports via email
@ 2000-03-19 14:28   ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-03-19 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rickm; +Cc: gnats-devel, bug-gnats

> The CC list in gnatsweb (called "Notify-List" in TkGnats) is actually the
> X-GNATS-Notify "mail header" of GNATS PR's. As long as you have the latest
> gnats version (3.113), it works fine.

Thanks, it indeed did. I modified my elisp function for feeding email
reports into gnats so that the originator would also be put into the
X-GNATS-Notify field; that works excellent.

Regards,
Martin