* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-11-08 10:23 ` Jamin W. Collins
From: Jamin W. Collins @ 2001-11-08 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 10:19, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
> <rant>I don't know what the developers of sourceforge were thinking when
> they excluded a search function for their "bugtracking" module!</rant>
>
> <plug>Do you think the people developing Savannah would be interested in
> using gnats? *grin*</plug>

First the product would need to install and work with a web interface.
From my experience so far (see previous posts) it does not.

Note: I'm not saying that my problems are related directly to the
product, rather that in my experience there are problems that have yet
to be resolved.

Jamin W. Collins

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-11-08 10:23 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-11-08 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chad C. Walstrom, help-gnats

At 10:19 14.12.01 -0600, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
><rant>I don't know what the developers of sourceforge were thinking when
>they excluded a search function for their "bugtracking" module!</rant>
>
><plug>Do you think the people developing Savannah would be interested in
>using gnats? *grin*</plug>

Actually, GNATS is supposed to be *the* bug tracking system for Savannah,
but we have had very little resources to integrate things properly. We need
to fix the admin interface so it work with GNATS 4, then polish it a bit,
and we need a proper system to integrate Savannah user accts with GNATS.

- Yngve

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-11-08 10:23 Chad C. Walstrom
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Chad C. Walstrom @ 2001-11-08 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie@wookimus.net)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 232 bytes --]

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-11-08 13:05   ` Chad C. Walstrom
From: Chad C. Walstrom @ 2001-11-08 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats; +Cc: Jamin W. Collins

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 10:28:29AM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> Note: I'm not saying that my problems are related directly to the
> product, rather that in my experience there are problems that have yet
> to be resolved.

I looked over your problem again, but still had no clue as to what would
be the source of your issues.  Have you talked to any other Red Hat
users to find out if they're having the same type of problems with
libmod_perl?  Your guess may be correct about the caching problem.  Have
you shot out a message to the apache users list?  How about the
libmod_perl list?  Perlmongers???

Sorry to hear about your problems.  We're doing quite well with our
current install of Debian testing and the following versions of
software:

    apache                     1.3.22-2
    apache-common              1.3.22-2
    libapache-mod-ssl          2.8.5-2
    libapache-mod-perl         1.26-1
    libapache-mod-auth-pam     1.0a-6
    perl                       5.6.1-5
    perl-base                  5.6.1-5
    perl-modules               5.6.1-5
    gnats                      3.999.20011112-1
    gnatsweb                   3.beta99.2+cvs20011113-1

--

@ 2001-11-08 13:08   ` Chad C. Walstrom
From: Chad C. Walstrom @ 2001-11-08 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: Chad C. Walstrom, help-gnats

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 06:22:30PM +0100, Yngve Svendsen wrote:
> Actually, GNATS is supposed to be *the* bug tracking system for
> Savannah, but we have had very little resources to integrate things
> properly.

Low on disk space?  Bodies (sysadmins)? Needed a dedicated bug tracking
server?

> We need to fix the admin interface so it work with GNATS 4, then
> polish it a bit, and we need a proper system to integrate Savannah
> user accts with GNATS.

Hmm...  Ever think of doing a pam module for gnats?  It would allow you
to use any authentication pam supports.  Of course, that doesn't take
away the need to manage user permissions, but at least it'll take away
the dependency upon a gnats-specific passwd file.  .oO(mmm...  ldap +
kerberose...)

<offtopic>
    You know.  One thing I never understood was the fact that the passwd
    program didn't have a target file option.  Take NIS, for example.
    Most people revert to manually editing and maintaining a separate
    map file for passwd and group in /var/yp/<DOMAIN> for security
    reason (though that's like spitting in the wind if you ask me).  Why
    not just use a modified passwd program and specify
    /var/yp/maps/passwd?
</offtopic>

Anyway, it looks like that last time PAM popped up on the radar for
gnats was back in October 1999.  Regardless, it would be a welcome
addition.  May as well add that as a feature request. ;-)

Well, back to work.

--

@ 2001-11-08 18:22     ` Jamin W. Collins
From: Jamin W. Collins @ 2001-11-08 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 12:46, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
> I looked over your problem again, but still had no clue as to what would
> be the source of your issues.

> Have you talked to any other Red Hat
> users to find out if they're having the same type of problems with
> libmod_perl?

Don't know of any other Red Hat users that are using the module or doing
anything like this.  Figured this would be the best place to find out if
anyone else is having this problem or has any ideas regarding it.

> Sorry to hear about your problems.  We're doing quite well with our
> current install of Debian testing and the following versions of
> software:

(snip)

No problem.  At least you've given me a configuration that IS working to
try to emulate.  I will try installing Debian (2.2 r4) on my test system
and see if I can get it working this weekend.  Other than the
distribution difference, did you (or anyone else) see anything wrong
with the steps taken?

Jamin W. Collins

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-11-09  2:55       ` Chad C. Walstrom
From: Chad C. Walstrom @ 2001-11-09  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats; +Cc: Jamin W. Collins

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 01:34:20PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> No problem.  At least you've given me a configuration that IS working
> to try to emulate.  I will try installing Debian (2.2 r4) on my test
> system and see if I can get it working this weekend.  Other than the
> distribution difference, did you (or anyone else) see anything wrong
> with the steps taken?

Not really.  It looked fine.  Sounds like you had it somewhat working.
I'm not an Apache guru, so I couldn't really tell you where things went
wrong.  Debian's 'testing' branch is feature frozen, now.  There are no
new packages entering, just RC bugfixes and security fixes.  Given that
the gnats and gnatsweb packages (fairly recent CVS versions) install
fine, I'd recommend that.

The only thing you'll need to do with the gnats package is that if  you
want to run mkdb on /var/lib/gnats/gnats-db, you'll have to recreate the
directory.  The gnats user installs w/a home directory of
/var/lib/gnats/gnats-db.  I'm planning on changing my local config so
that it defaults to /var/lib/gnats instead.

Other than that, I had very few problems.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie@wookimus.net)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 232 bytes --]

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-11-09 14:16         ` Jamin W. Collins
                             ` (2 more replies)
From: Jamin W. Collins @ 2001-11-09 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 17:20, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 01:34:20PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> > No problem.  At least you've given me a configuration that IS working
> > to try to emulate.  I will try installing Debian (2.2 r4) on my test
> > system and see if I can get it working this weekend.  Other than the
> > distribution difference, did you (or anyone else) see anything wrong
> > with the steps taken?
>
> Not really.  It looked fine.  Sounds like you had it somewhat working.
> I'm not an Apache guru, so I couldn't really tell you where things went
> wrong.  Debian's 'testing' branch is feature frozen, now.  There are no
> new packages entering, just RC bugfixes and security fixes.  Given that
> the gnats and gnatsweb packages (fairly recent CVS versions) install
> fine, I'd recommend that.

Well, I just finished a manual installation attempt on a virgin Debian
2.2 r4 installation.  Almost the same end result, the pages sometimes
don't appear properly (refreshing usually fixed it).

I really would like to get Gnats working as a PR tracker.  However, at
this point, I'm losing all hope of getting this thing to work.

Anyone here willing to do some serious one-on-one and show me what I'm
doing wrong?

Jamin W. Collins

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-11-09 14:17           ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-11-09 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jamin W. Collins, help-gnats

At 22:31 14.12.01 -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
>Well, I just finished a manual installation attempt on a virgin Debian
>2.2 r4 installation.  Almost the same end result, the pages sometimes
>don't appear properly (refreshing usually fixed it).
>
>I really would like to get Gnats working as a PR tracker.  However, at
>this point, I'm losing all hope of getting this thing to work.
>
>Anyone here willing to do some serious one-on-one and show me what I'm
>doing wrong?

Sorry, I haven't been able to follow you up on this. I am on holiday and I
try to stay off the Net for as much time as I can.

One important data point, though, for anyone who might be able to pick this
up: If we run Gnatsweb from the command line on the server, correct HTML
output is produced every time. Thus, something happens on the way from the
script and through the web server.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-11-09 18:10     ` Milan Zamazal
From: Milan Zamazal @ 2001-11-09 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chad C. Walstrom; +Cc: Yngve Svendsen, help-gnats

    CCW> On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 06:22:30PM +0100, Yngve Svendsen wrote:
    >> Actually, GNATS is supposed to be *the* bug tracking system for
    >> Savannah, but we have had very little resources to integrate
    >> things properly.

    CCW> Low on disk space?  Bodies (sysadmins)? Needed a dedicated bug
    CCW> tracking server?

I guess people (developers/sysadmins).  AFAIK there's not yet decided
whether to use GNATS or another bug tracking system for savannah.
Anyway, if anybody is willing to help, he can contact
savannah-hackers at gnu.org.

    CCW> Anyway, it looks like that last time PAM popped up on the radar
    CCW> for gnats was back in October 1999.  Regardless, it would be a
    CCW> welcome addition.  May as well add that as a feature
    CCW> request. ;-)

Feature requests can be sent as bug reports on GNATS, with the class
`change-request'.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
The world is not something you can wrap your head around without needing years
of experience.                              -- Kent M. Pitman in comp.lang.lisp

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-11-10  2:46           ` Milan Zamazal
From: Milan Zamazal @ 2001-11-10  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jamin W. Collins; +Cc: help-gnats

    JWC> Well, I just finished a manual installation attempt on a virgin
    JWC> Debian 2.2 r4 installation.  Almost the same end result, the
    JWC> pages sometimes don't appear properly (refreshing usually fixed
    JWC> it).

The web server you connect to is running on the Debian box as well?  Are
you really sure you don't connect through any proxy?  Have you tried
another kind of web browser?

I'm no Gnatsweb/Apache/Web guru as well, but I sometimes meet very
strange things when working with web.  If all the answers to the
questions above are "yes", I can't help with the problem. :-(

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
"Having GNU Emacs is like having a dragon's cave of treasures."
                                                Robert J. Chassell

* My inability to configure Gnats(web)4 (was send-pr error!)
@ 2001-11-12 10:40             ` Jamin W. Collins
From: Jamin W. Collins @ 2001-11-12 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

On Sat, 2001-12-15 at 08:08, Milan Zamazal wrote:

>     JWC> Well, I just finished a manual installation attempt on a virgin
>     JWC> Debian 2.2 r4 installation.  Almost the same end result, the
>     JWC> pages sometimes don't appear properly (refreshing usually fixed
>     JWC> it).
>
> The web server you connect to is running on the Debian box as well?  Are
> you really sure you don't connect through any proxy?  Have you tried
> another kind of web browser?

The web server is indeed running on the same system.  No, there is no
proxy, unless the default debian installation put on in place (I'm not
very familiar with Debian).  I can assure you that there was no proxy in
place during any of the Red Hat testing.

I have tried both current versions of Mozilla (0.9.6 and 0.9.5) and
Netscape 4.78 (I had to adjust the mime-types on this one so it didn't
see the .pl file as a download).

The two systems are connected via a 10/100 switch (not a hub).  I have
no problem with any kind of connectivity between them, other than
Gnatsweb sometimes not having headers on it's pages.

> I'm no Gnatsweb/Apache/Web guru as well, but I sometimes meet very
> strange things when working with web.  If all the answers to the
> questions above are "yes", I can't help with the problem. :-(

Thanks for the attempt.

Would anyone be willing to configure a virgin installation (Red Hat,
Debian, or other) via an SSH connection for me?  It seems that the
common consensus is that I'm mucking something up during the
installation.  So, if someone else is willing to help, I'd be willing to
set up a box to be remotely configured.

Jamin W. Collins

* Re: My inability to configure Gnats(web)4 (was send-pr error!)
@ 2001-11-12 11:28               ` Jamin W. Collins
From: Jamin W. Collins @ 2001-11-12 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

On Sat, 2001-12-15 at 10:26, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> Would anyone be willing to configure a virgin installation (Red Hat,
> Debian, or other) via an SSH connection for me?  It seems that the
> common consensus is that I'm mucking something up during the
> installation.  So, if someone else is willing to help, I'd be willing to
> set up a box to be remotely configured.

The system is ready for any takers.  Access is available via SSH, all I
need is an RSA pub key from anyone willing to help.  I've port forwards
set up on my firewall to allow access to SSH, HTTP (Apache), and GNATS
(once it's installed).  If these are not enough, for some reason, just
let me know what else is needed.

@ 2001-11-17 13:06                 ` Jamin W. Collins
From: Jamin W. Collins @ 2001-11-17 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

On Sun, 2001-12-16 at 10:26, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> The system is ready for any takers.  Access is available via SSH, all I
> need is an RSA pub key from anyone willing to help.  I've port forwards
> set up on my firewall to allow access to SSH, HTTP (Apache), and GNATS
> (once it's installed).  If these are not enough, for some reason, just
> let me know what else is needed.

The systems been available for nearly a week now.  There has been only
one response regarding it so far.  AFAIK, no progress has been made.  I
am aware that everyone here is a volunteer, and am not berating anyone.
Rather, I'm simple providing information as I have it.

In the meantime, I began looking at other problem report management
tools.  Of the ones found, I tried Bugzilla.  During the installation of
Bugzilla I found it to be heavily Perl based similar to the Gnatsweb
interface with which I've had so much trouble.  However, after a minor
snag concerning Bugzilla and mod_perl (it doesn't use it, yet), I have a
fully functional Bugzilla installation.

Based on this, I think it's fairly safe to rule out the following:
- most all concerns over the web server, as Bugzilla is using the same
web server configuration I attempted with Gnatsweb (minus of course
mod_perl).
- most all concerns regarding the Perl installation (v5.6.1) as Bugzilla
is heavily dependent on Perl also.

I say "most all concerns" for both of these, because I am aware that
while they both use the same applications, they do so in different ways.

I would still like to get Gnatsweb functional for a comparison.  So, the
system will remain available for this purpose for a while longer (at
least until after the new year).

Jamin W. Collins

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-12-14  8:27 ` Chad C. Walstrom
From: Chad C. Walstrom @ 2001-12-14  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

@ 2001-12-14  8:34   ` Jamin W. Collins
From: Jamin W. Collins @ 2001-12-14  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 10:19, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
> <rant>I don't know what the developers of sourceforge were thinking when
> they excluded a search function for their "bugtracking" module!</rant>
>
> <plug>Do you think the people developing Savannah would be interested in
> using gnats? *grin*</plug>

First the product would need to install and work with a web interface.
From my experience so far (see previous posts) it does not.

@ 2001-12-14  9:28   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-12-14  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chad C. Walstrom, help-gnats

@ 2001-12-14 10:55     ` Chad C. Walstrom
From: Chad C. Walstrom @ 2001-12-14 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats; +Cc: Jamin W. Collins

@ 2001-12-14 11:17     ` Chad C. Walstrom
From: Chad C. Walstrom @ 2001-12-14 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: Chad C. Walstrom, help-gnats

@ 2001-12-14 11:39       ` Jamin W. Collins
From: Jamin W. Collins @ 2001-12-14 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

@ 2001-12-14 15:24         ` Chad C. Walstrom
From: Chad C. Walstrom @ 2001-12-14 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats; +Cc: Jamin W. Collins

@ 2001-12-14 20:45           ` Jamin W. Collins
From: Jamin W. Collins @ 2001-12-14 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

@ 2001-12-15  2:54             ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-12-15  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jamin W. Collins, help-gnats

@ 2001-12-15  7:24       ` Milan Zamazal
From: Milan Zamazal @ 2001-12-15  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chad C. Walstrom; +Cc: Yngve Svendsen, help-gnats

From: Milan Zamazal @ 2001-12-15  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jamin W. Collins; +Cc: help-gnats

@ 2001-12-15  8:36               ` Jamin W. Collins
From: Jamin W. Collins @ 2001-12-15  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

@ 2001-12-16  8:37                 ` Jamin W. Collins
From: Jamin W. Collins @ 2001-12-16  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

@ 2001-12-22 13:41                   ` Jamin W. Collins
From: Jamin W. Collins @ 2001-12-22 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

@ 2002-01-17 19:14       ` Hugo Gayosso
From: Hugo Gayosso @ 2002-01-17 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milan Zamazal; +Cc: Chad C. Walstrom, Yngve Svendsen, help-gnats

Milan Zamazal <pdm@zamazal.org> writes:

>     CCW> On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 06:22:30PM +0100, Yngve Svendsen wrote:
>     >> Actually, GNATS is supposed to be *the* bug tracking system for
>     >> Savannah, but we have had very little resources to integrate
>     >> things properly.
>
>     CCW> Low on disk space?  Bodies (sysadmins)? Needed a dedicated bug
>     CCW> tracking server?
>
> I guess people (developers/sysadmins).

Yep, that is the main problem.

> AFAIK there's not yet decided whether to use GNATS or another bug
> tracking system for savannah.

Well, Savannah will be migrated to phpGroupWare, and it seems that
they are considering DLC (Double Chocolatte) for project management
but this tool can be used also for bug tracking.

So far if we can integrate GNATS with Savannah I guess this will be
"THE" bug tracking system, there are some GNU programs that use GNATS
for bug tracking system so we have a working installation already, we
just need to interface it with Savannah's web interface.

There were also some talks about a lightweight bug tracking system (I
am not sure but I think it is called "mantis").

But so far developer/sysadmins is the resource we are needing.

> Anyway, if anybody is willing to help, he can contact
> savannah-hackers at gnu.org.

Yep, please do.

Greetings,
- --
Hugo Gayosso                            |  The ultimate result is that some
Controls Process Support                |  innovations that would truly
Electronics Integration and Software    |  benefit consumers never occur
GM Powertrain                           |  for the sole reason that they
                                        |  do not coincide with Microsoft's
                                        |  self-interest.
                                        |
                                        |            Thomas Penfield Jackson
                                        |              U.S. District Judge

DISCLAIMER:
        All what I said is my own point of view, not the one of my
	employer, unless it is specifically said so.

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-12-23 12:36         ` Milan Zamazal
From: Milan Zamazal @ 2001-12-23 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: help-gnats

    YS> No, I think we should keep the request-id thingy, we just ned to
    YS> document it.

OK, please do it once you have the opportunity -- I think you better
know what's needed.

    YS> I also seem to remember that there was a problem in send-pr
    YS> which caused request-id PR submission to be broken. I'll check
    YS> it when I get a chance.

OK, thanks.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
When you're in a fight with an idiot, it's difficult for other people to tell
which one the idiot is.                       -- Bruce Perens in debian-devel

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-12-15 10:52       ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-12-15 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milan Zamazal; +Cc: help-gnats

At 16:14 15.12.01 +0100, Milan Zamazal wrote:
>What's wrong with the current --request-id?  Do you mean requesting
>submitter IDs should be supported by other interfaces, e.g. Gnatsweb as
>well?  Why not, it would be useful.

No, I think we should keep the request-id thingy, we just ned to document
it. I also seem to remember that there was a problem in send-pr which

From: Milan Zamazal @ 2001-12-15  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: help-gnats

    YS> Milan: We need to decide exactly how send-pr is supposed to work
    YS> when installed at remote locations (There is an empty section in
    YS> the installation chapter waiting for material on installation at
    YS> remote sites, and the send-pr documentation in chapter 2 still
    YS> describes the old version). Are we going to keep the
    YS> "request-sid" functionality (see
    YS> http://bugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gnats&pr=193 ),
    YS> or should remote submitters get an ID through other channels?

What's wrong with the current --request-id?  Do you mean requesting
submitter IDs should be supported by other interfaces, e.g. Gnatsweb as
well?  Why not, it would be useful.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
Here is my advice, don't try to program the bleeding edge for the
general populace unless you really, really, really like migraines.

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-12-14  3:09   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-12-14  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Choi, Jang-Wook, help-gnats; +Cc: Milan Zamazal

At 17:31 14.12.01 +0900, Choi, Jang-Wook wrote:
>Hello, I installed the latest gnats in my redhat linux.
>
>I just followed the install instructions of gnats.info, but when I execute
>send-pr from the shell, I got an error message. I read manuals but still
>don't know what's wrong. Somebody please help me.

If you by "latest version" mean that you have checked out a development
snapshot of version 4, this is a known problem. Most of the remote site
functionality was ripped out of GNATS 4, since it was never implemented
properly in previous versions, and send-pr version 4 still needs some work
and a few design decisions to replace the stuff that's gone. The problem
you have is related to the fact that the "new" send-pr hasn't been
documented properly. Send-pr is now supposed to have its own config file
where stuff like submitter-id is set. Anyway, I recommend that you don't
deploy send-pr around your network until we got these things sorted out.

Milan: We need to decide exactly how send-pr is supposed to work when
installed at remote locations (There is an empty section in the
installation chapter waiting for material on installation at remote sites,
and the send-pr documentation in chapter 2 still describes the old
version). Are we going to keep the "request-sid" functionality (see
http://bugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gnats&pr=193 ),
or should remote submitters get an ID through other channels?

Yngve Svendsen
GNATS doc guy

* send-pr error!
@ 2001-12-14  0:43 ` Choi, Jang-Wook
From: Choi, Jang-Wook @ 2001-12-14  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hello, I installed the latest gnats in my redhat linux.

I just followed the install instructions of gnats.info, but when I execute send-pr from the shell, I got an error message. I read manuals but still don't know what's wrong. Somebody please help me.

---Error message---

$ whoami
gnats
$ send-pr
It seems that send-pr is not installed with your organization set to a useful
value.  To fix this, you need to edit the configuration file
/usr/local/etc/gnats/send-pr.conf
and fill in the organization with the correct value.

It seems that send-pr is not installed with your unique submitter-id.
You need to run

          install-sid YOUR-SID

where YOUR-SID is the identification code you received with `send-pr'.
`send-pr' will automatically insert this value into the template field
`>Submitter-Id'.  If you've downloaded `send-pr' from the Net, use `net'
for this value.  If you do not know your id, run `send-pr --request-id' to
get one from your support site.
$

* Re: send-pr error!
@ 2001-11-18 19:55       ` Milan Zamazal
From: Milan Zamazal @ 2001-11-18 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: help-gnats

    YS> No, I think we should keep the request-id thingy, we just ned to
    YS> document it.

OK, please do it once you have the opportunity -- I think you better
know what's needed.

    YS> I also seem to remember that there was a problem in send-pr
    YS> which caused request-id PR submission to be broken. I'll check
    YS> it when I get a chance.

OK, thanks.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal