* Re: no login gnats4
@ 2001-11-14 10:47 Moe Elzubeir
From: Moe Elzubeir @ 2001-11-14 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Ah, you can ignore my previous message (in this thread). I have fixed
that problem by making
/etc/gnats/gnatsd.host_access file have

127.0.0.1:edit:

only. It seems to ignore it when there are multiple entries for the
same local host. In any case,
that worked.

Now, when I try to run gnatsweb.pl from the web, I get a welcome
screen, prompts me for
my 'User Name' and a drop-down menu for the 'databases' to select from
(in this case, only
one 'default').

No prompt for password.. whatever I typed, goes right through.. what am
I doing wrong now?

Thanks.
Mohammed Elzubeir

>>> "Moe Elzubeir" <elzubeir@cobaf.coba.unt.edu> 12/18/01 02:22AM >>>
Okay, this is my second serious attempt at gnats ;)

* Re: no login gnats4
@ 2001-11-14 11:01 ` Chad C. Walstrom
From: Chad C. Walstrom @ 2001-11-14 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats; +Cc: Moe Elzubeir

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 08:18:34AM -0600, Moe Elzubeir wrote:
> Now, when I try to run gnatsweb.pl from the web, I get a welcome
> screen, prompts me for my 'User Name' and a drop-down menu for the
> 'databases' to select from (in this case, only one 'default').
>
> No prompt for password.. whatever I typed, goes right through.. what am
> I doing wrong now?

Open up /usr/lib/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl in your favorite editor as
Read-only; then read. ;-)  It's in there.  You'll find the option you
need. ;-)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie@wookimus.net)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 232 bytes --]

* Re: no login gnats4
@ 2001-12-18  6:28 ` Moe Elzubeir
From: Moe Elzubeir @ 2001-12-18  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

@ 2001-12-18  8:33   ` Chad C. Walstrom
From: Chad C. Walstrom @ 2001-12-18  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats; +Cc: Moe Elzubeir

@ 2001-12-18  8:39 ` Moe Elzubeir
From: Moe Elzubeir @ 2001-12-18  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Excellent! Should have looked in there first. Now yet-another-problem ;)

In /etc/gnats/gnatsd.host_access I have it set to:

—-
127.0.0.1:listdb:
—-

And, in /etc/gnats/databases I have it set to:

—-
default:Arabeyes Bugs:/var/lib/gnats/gnats/-db
—-

Now... in /var/lib/gnats/gnats-db/gnats-adm/gantsd.access I have this line:

—
arabugs:$0$testme:edit:default
—

But, whatever I type in at the password for 'arabugs', it lets me in anyway.. and it doesn't seem to care to what level the user is set to either, and simply defaults to what I have '127.0.0.1' set to (listdb). In other words, while there is password prompting now, it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Am I still missing something?

[Oh I am Sooooooooooooooooooooo close.. this awesome!]

Thanks
—
Mohammed Elzubeir

>>> "Chad C. Walstrom" <chewie@wookimus.net> 12/18/01 10:17AM >>>
On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 08:18:34AM -0600, Moe Elzubeir wrote:
> Now, when I try to run gnatsweb.pl from the web, I get a welcome
> screen, prompts me for my 'User Name' and a drop-down menu for the
> 'databases' to select from (in this case, only one 'default').
>
> No prompt for password.. whatever I typed, goes right through.. what am
> I doing wrong now?

Open up /usr/lib/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl in your favorite editor as
Read-only; then read. ;-)  It's in there.  You'll find the option you
need. ;-)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie@wookimus.net)

* no login gnats4
@ 2001-12-18  0:31 ` Moe Elzubeir
From: Moe Elzubeir @ 2001-12-18  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Okay, this is my second serious attempt at gnats ;)

I started fresh (Debian -- woody). I did an 'apt-get' for gnats, and did
the install. Made sure all the files are there.

When I try to do a 'telnet localhost 1529' I get:

----
arabeyes:~# telnet localhost 1529
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to arabeyes.
Escape character is '^]'.
422 GNATS initialization of database failed: You are not permitted to
access database (null).

Connection closed by foreign host.
------

In /var/lib/gnats/gnats-db/gnats-adm/gnatsd.access I have:

--
arabugs:EsZwoW/X8ZKZk:edit:arabeyes
--

where the password is simply 'testme'. I initially had it as '$0$testme'
but wanted to try that too (neither worked).

In my /etc/gnatsd.host_access I have all these:

---
4.40.*:edit
localhost:edit
127.0.0.1:edit
---

I initially only had 'localhost:edit', but added the rest as the tests
didn't work.

In my /etc/gnats/databases file, I have the following:

---
default:Arabeyes Bugs:/var/lib/gnats/gnats-db
---

Okay, so I grabbed a copy of gnatsweb (gnatsweb-3.beta99.2+cvs20011113).
I created a package from it, and installed (dpkg -i). It created a
directory /etc/gnatsweb but didn't put anything there.. so I grabbed the
sample 'gnatsweb-site.pl' and stuck it in there.. it had:

---
$site_gnats_host = 'localhost';
$site_gnats_port = '1529';
---

Connect through the web, gives me an error 422. (bad login/password).
I'm not sure where gnatsweb gets the username/password from.. nothing
indicates where it gets it from.

I tried to do a make test with the gnatsweb src.

$ make test USERNAME=arabugs PASSWORD=testme \
        DATABASE=default

All I get is this:

---
connect...........................................FAIL

Gnatsweb was unable to connect to the GNATS server.

There are several possible reasons forthis.  Start off by checking
that the USERNAME, PASSWORD and DATABASE parameters you supplied are
valid.  If they are, there may be a problem in the configuration of
your GNATS server.  Check your GNATS installation, particularly the
host access files (remember that the web server needs access to the
GNATS server), then run the tests again.

make: *** [test] Error 9
---

So now I am stuck again. At least now, the gnatsd is 'running', but not
letting me in ;) Please help, i tried to provide as much information as
I could.. I hope it's not more than tolerabe ;)

Thanks.

* Re: no login gnats4
@ 2001-11-14 15:31 Moe Elzubeir
From: Moe Elzubeir @ 2001-11-14 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Excellent! Should have looked in there first. Now yet-another-problem ;)

In /etc/gnats/gnatsd.host_access I have it set to:

―-
127.0.0.1:listdb:
―-

―