* How configurable is Gnats?
@ 2001-11-21 14:11 Stephen M. Przepiora
From: Stephen M. Przepiora @ 2001-11-21 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hello all, I was wondering how configurable Gnats is? It appears in the
documentation for dbconfig that it is entirely configurable and that there
aren't any required fields. However going through the other parts of the
documentation leads one to believe there are required fields. Does anyone
know which is true?

We wish to use Gnats as both a call center tracking/routing app and also as a
bug tracker. These two things have extremely different needs and fields to
fill out. As a bug tracker it can probably be left unchanged (dbconfig). As a
call center tracker though almost all the fields could be dropped.

Steve Przepiora

* Re: How configurable is Gnats?
@ 2001-11-22 14:51 ` Milan Zamazal
From: Milan Zamazal @ 2001-11-22 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen M. Przepiora; +Cc: help-gnats

    SMP> Hello all, I was wondering how configurable Gnats is? It
    SMP> appears in the documentation for dbconfig that it is entirely
    SMP> configurable and that there aren't any required fields. However
    SMP> going through the other parts of the documentation leads one to
    SMP> believe there are required fields. Does anyone know which is
    SMP> true?

I believe `number', `category' and `unformatted' are absolutely
necessary and it wouldn't make much sense to go without them.  Maybe
other fields are always required too, you can experiment.  I'd like to
know whether there are required fields other than the three above.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
When you're in a fight with an idiot, it's difficult for other people to tell
which one the idiot is.                       -- Bruce Perens in debian-devel

* How configurable is Gnats?
@ 2001-12-24  4:39 ` Stephen M. Przepiora
From: Stephen M. Przepiora @ 2001-12-24  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats