* Failing regexps
@ 2001-12-03  1:54 Yngve Svendsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-12-03  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milan Zamazal, Lars Henriksen; +Cc: help-gnats

Lars, Milan:

I was just curious if you ever found the reason why certain regexps
failed on Lars' systems?

- Yngve

* Re: Failing regexps
@ 2001-12-03  7:40 ` Lars Henriksen
From: Lars Henriksen @ 2001-12-03  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: Milan Zamazal, help-gnats

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 01:19:28AM +0200, Yngve Svendsen wrote:
> Lars, Milan:
>
> I was just curious if you ever found the reason why certain regexps
> failed on Lars' systems?

No, not really. As I reported, the problem related to spaces in query
expressions, e.g.

   (Category == "test")

would fail, whereas

   (Category=="test")

was accepted. The behaviour disappeared when I switched from the
native Dec Alpha compiler to gcc (and the executable became smaller, not
much, but still smaller). I have no clue what could be the reason.

Regards
Lars

* Re: Failing regexps
@ 2001-12-03 14:00 ` Milan Zamazal
From: Milan Zamazal @ 2001-12-03 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: Lars Henriksen, help-gnats

    YS> Lars, Milan: I was just curious if you ever found the reason why
    YS> certain regexps failed on Lars' systems?

No -- since I can't reproduce the problem, I'm unable to help with it.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
When you're in a fight with an idiot, it's difficult for other people to tell
which one the idiot is.                       -- Bruce Perens in debian-devel

* Failing regexps
@ 2001-12-29 16:34 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-12-29 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milan Zamazal, Lars Henriksen; +Cc: help-gnats