* RE: connect: Connection Refused
       [not found] <3EC91758.2030604@juniper.net>
@ 2003-05-19 20:38 ` Vicky C. Miller
From: Vicky C. Miller @ 2003-05-19 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Mel Hatzis'; +Cc: help-gnats

Mel and Everyone That Provided Suggestions:

Thanks.  The problem has been resolved.  The hosts file in the /etc/
directory was updated.  The host server name was updated in the config file
and also in the gnatsweb-site.pl file.

From: Hans-Albert Schneider @ 2003-05-20  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vcmiller, 'Mel Hatzis'; +Cc: help-gnats

On Monday 19 May 2003 21:26, Vicky C. Miller wrote:
[...]
> >If I make changes to the gnats.access
> >and other files, is there a recompile process that must be run to get the
> >changes to take effect?
>
> With the latest (4.0) version, changes take affect immediately after
> the config files are modified. I'm not sure about older versions of
> Gnats....I've only recently been involved with the project.

It's the same.  This is thanks to the fact that gnatsd is started via inetd:
inetd starts a new gnatsd for each connection, and gnatsd reads
its configuration from the files.

Hans-Albert
--
Hans-Albert Schneider
Munich, Germany

* Re: connect: Connection Refused
@ 2003-05-19 10:22     ` Hans-Albert Schneider
From: Hans-Albert Schneider @ 2003-05-19 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vcmiller; +Cc: help-gnats

"Vicky C. Miller" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Mel.  I checked all of the directories on the Solaris
> and can't find a "gnatsd.host_access" file.  Is this a file I can add in?

In GNATS 3.1xx, this file is called gnatsd.conf.

> [...]  There is a gnatsd.conf file where I can add a host name, but
> this would be adding the host name or IP address of the user contacting
> gnatsd.

It must also contain the host name or IP address of the WWW server
running Gnatsweb, if you use the WWW interface (as you are mentioning
access via URL, you probably do).  If this is the same machine as the
one on which gnatsd runs, it is of course affected by the same IP
address
change.

If gnatsd.conf gives the name (not IP address) of a host, this must be
the "canonical" hostname, i.e., the first one found for this IP address.
Check /etc/hosts, NIS, DNS, whatever you use for hostname resolution.
Note that you must check "reverse name solving" (i.e. mapping from IP
address to hostname) in this case; I have occasionally seen DNS
misconfigurations that missed this part.

Hans-Albert

--
Hans-Albert Schneider		<Hans-Albert.Schneider@infineon.com>
Infineon Technologies AG	phone:	(+49) 89 234 45445

* RE: connect: Connection Refused
@ 2003-05-18 19:26   ` Vicky C. Miller
From: Vicky C. Miller @ 2003-05-18 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Mel Hatzis'; +Cc: help-gnats

Thanks for the reply Mel.  I checked all of the directories on the Solaris
and can't find a "gnatsd.host_access" file.  Is this a file I can add in?
If so, can you provide sample contents of the file so that I can tailor it
accordingly?  There is a gnatsd.conf file where I can add a host name, but
this would be adding the host name or IP address of the user contacting
gnatsd. We are running GNATS 3.113.1.  If I make changes to the gnats.access

@ 2003-05-17  7:06 ` Mel Hatzis
From: Mel Hatzis @ 2003-05-17  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vcmiller; +Cc: help-gnats

@ 2003-05-16 19:21 Vicky C. Miller