* Re: Problems with GNATS
@ 2000-09-19 10:01 Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2000-09-19 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Macdonald; +Cc: Mehul N. Sanghvi, gnats-devel

Rick,

    OK,  I have the crontab entries in the manner i want (and no dumb
typos either).  I still am a bit confused.  Does queue-pr update the
index file ?  And do i need to run at-pr manually or does queue-pr
handle that also ?

Currently the only thing in the crontab is the queue-pr entries for the
diffrent databases that I have.  Anything else that needs to go in there
?

I did get one message overnight from at-pr but am not sure how it got
generated.

thanks,

   mehul

From: Rick Macdonald @ 2000-09-18 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mehul N. Sanghvi; +Cc: Mehul Sanghvi, gnats-devel

@ 2000-09-18 15:24 Mehul N. Sanghvi
From: Mehul N. Sanghvi @ 2000-09-18 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Macdonald; +Cc: Mehul Sanghvi, gnats-devel

--- Rick Macdonald <rickm@vsl.com> wrote:

> Well, the first time I thought it was just a typing error because you
> wrote it from the "top of your head".
>
> You have "query-pr" instead of "queue-pr" in your alias/pipe.
>
> ...RickM...

Dhuuuhhh!!!!!  (sound of one hand clapping placed here )

yes that seems to have taken care of some of the problem ... no bounced
email.

now do i need to have a cron job running as user gnats that does
'queue-pr -r' for each of the databases i have ?

I also closed one of the PRs.  Gnatsweb said to wait a bit and it would
refresh the page in  2seconds .. which it does not ... i waited for a
minute or so.

i did notice that a pending/3.old file had been created.  does this
also get processed by queue-pr -r ?

thanks,

  mehul

http://mail.yahoo.com/

* Re: Problems with GNATS
@ 2000-09-18 14:14 ` Rick Macdonald
From: Rick Macdonald @ 2000-09-18 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mehul N. Sanghvi; +Cc: Mehul Sanghvi, gnats-devel

@ 2000-09-18 13:55 Mehul N. Sanghvi
From: Mehul N. Sanghvi @ 2000-09-18 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Macdonald, Mehul Sanghvi; +Cc: gnats-devel

--- Rick Macdonald <rickm@vsl.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:
> No, mail is mail and the alias should be on the mailhost and
> gnatshost
> relays mail to mailhost just like every other machine.
>
> I'm assuming that the gnats database directories are mountable on
> mailhost...

OK.  I now have the mailhost setup with the aliases and the GNATS
distribution mounted via NFS to mailhost.

I now seem to be getting the following error from sendmail:

   query-pr: no PRs matched
   554 "| /nfs/gnatshost/usr/local/gnats/bin/query-pr -d \
/nfs/gnatshost/usr/local/gnats/share/gnats/test-db -q" ... unknown
mailer error 1

I was getting errors which indicated that query-pr was unknown but then
I remembered that I had to place a link in /etc/smrsh for sendmail to
allow the use of an external program.  Having done that, I get the
above error message.

> Let's get the mail going first and see what happens. You shouldn't
> ever
> need to touch index or current.

OK.  well I guess we are still trying to get the mail going.

> ...RickM...

mehul

http://mail.yahoo.com/

* Re: Problems with GNATS
@ 2000-09-17 20:17 ` Rick Macdonald
From: Rick Macdonald @ 2000-09-17 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mehul Sanghvi; +Cc: gnats-devel

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:

> I have a machine which acts as my mailhost.
> I have a seperate machine gnatshost.

I have the same setup myself.

> So the /etc/aliases file that needs to be setup cirrectly is the one
> on my mailhost/webhost or the one on my gnatshost ?  I currently have
> it setup correctly on my gnatshost.  Is there a way for Gnatsweb to
> use gnatshost as the mail system ?  Currently all systems are setup to
> relay mail to the mailhost.  On the mailhost, I have /etc/aliases
> setup to forward to the gnatshost like so:
>
>     gnats:  gnats@gnatshost

No, mail is mail and the alias should be on the mailhost and gnatshost
relays mail to mailhost just like every other machine.

I'm assuming that the gnats database directories are mountable on
mailhost...

> But I do not seem to be seeing anything on gnatshost.  The /etc/aliases
> entries on gnatshost are of the form:
>
>     gnats:  /path/to/query-pr -d /psth/to/database -q
>
> I might have made syntax errors above, but they are correct in the real
> file.  I am just doing this off the top of my head.

That's close (you probably have it right):

gnats:  "| /usr/local/libexec/gnats/queue-pr -d /path/to/gnats-db -q"

> Should I be doing anything at all with /etc/aliases on mailhost ?  Or
> just on gnatshost ?  Or on both systems, like I am doing now ?

As above, just on mailhost.

@ 2000-09-14 17:10 Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2000-09-14 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Macdonald; +Cc: gnats-devel

I have a machine which acts as my mailhost.  It also acts as the
internal webhost.  I have a seperate machine gnatshost.  I have gnatsweb
set up on the mailhost/webhost.  It points to and gets stuff from
gnatshost.  At least queries.  I am nost sure about new entires that are
created.

From: Rick Macdonald @ 2000-09-13 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mehul Sanghvi; +Cc: gnats-devel

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:

> 	1. Does GNATS have to reside on teh same machine that is
> acting             as your mailhost ?

No, but beware that if it _is_ a different machine, then your queue-pr -q
entry in your mail aliases file must specify "-d /pull/path/to/gnats-db"
and _NOT_ "-d alias" where "alias" is the gnats alias in the
/etc/gnats-db.conf file.

This applies to gnats 3.x, but probably gnats 4.0 as well depending on
where the gnats aliases are stored. The bottom line is that they need to
be visible to the machine running the queue-pr if you use aliases on the
queue-pr command line.

...RickM...

* Problems with GNATS
@ 2000-09-13 10:39 Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2000-09-13 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

'allo,

    I had sent this last week,  but I have not seen any responses and I
have not seen it in my mailbox,  maybe something went wrong with the
list or along the way.  I will repeat the problem below and hopefully
someone has some sort of an answer.

	1. Does GNATS have to reside on teh same machine that is
acting             as your mailhost ?

	2. Why am I not seeing notifications after 24 hours (3 days) ?  Is
there something else I am suppposed to setup in order for notification
to work ?

	3.  I am unable to add new PRs into the system.  I get no
acknoledgements or anything.

Any and all help is appreciated.

thanks and cheers,

   mehul sanghvi