* Gnats - Help needed
@ 2002-12-09 23:58 Deepa Chinnaswamy
From: Deepa Chinnaswamy @ 2002-12-09 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hi ,

I have installed GNATS (version 3.113) in a linux machine.
When I try telneting the gnats server I am getting  the following error:

$ telnet Wipro1 1529
Trying 10.16.236.48...
Connected to Wipro1.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

(here, Wipro1 is the linux server.)

I have configured xinetd to start gnatsd :
In /etc/services file I have added the  following entry:
support         1529/tcp

I have created the  file /etc/xinetd.d/support  with the following lines

service support
{
      disable           = no
      socket_type   = stream
      protocol         = tcp
      wait              = no
      user              = gnatsuser
      server            = /disk3/GNATS3111/DATABASE/libexec/gnats/gnatsd

      server_args   = gnatsd
}

 PREFIX & EXEC_PREFIX are set to  /disk3/GNATS3111/DATABASE

the gnatsd configuration files have the following entries:

-gnatsd.conf:
        *:edit:

-gnatsd.access:
        *:*:edit:*

I do not know if gnatsd process is getting invoked whenever
there is a request at the server port 1529.
Any information regarding this would be of great help.

Thanks,
Deepa.