* PR Submission (Change of state) gets locked
@ 2003-01-27  7:02 Chandra Ramesh
From: Chandra Ramesh @ 2003-01-27  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNATS HELP

Hello,

	We are having Gnats 3.113.1 on a RED HAT 7.3 Linux OS.

	When we edit a PR for a state change and click on the "click here to
submit the changes" button,
	we are getting an error saying:

	"Your problem report changes have not been sent"
	problem report Config/6 is being edited by Ramesh.

	In the above error "Config" is a category and 6 is the PR number
assigned.
	It is me (Ramesh) who is changing the state and when I submit the
changes, I am getting the above error.
	In the "locks" directory, there is a "6.lock" file which gets
created.

	I am running the "gnatsd" daemon through xinetd.

	How can I solve this problem? Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramesh Chandra

* Re: PR Submission (Change of state) gets locked
@ 2003-01-27  7:41 ` Mel Hatzis
From: Mel Hatzis @ 2003-01-27  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chandra Ramesh; +Cc: GNATS HELP

On 01/26/2003 10:50 PM, Chandra Ramesh submitted:

> Hello,
>
>         We are having Gnats 3.113.1 on a RED HAT 7.3 Linux OS.
>
>         When we edit a PR for a state change and click on the "click
> here to submit the changes" button,
>         we are getting an error saying:
>
>         "Your problem report changes have not been sent"
>         problem report Config/6 is being edited by Ramesh.
>
>         In the above error "Config" is a category and 6 is the PR
> number assigned.
>         It is me (Ramesh) who is changing the state and when I submit
> the changes, I am getting the above error.
>         In the "locks" directory, there is a "6.lock" file which gets
> created.
>
>         I am running the "gnatsd" daemon through xinetd.
>
>         How can I solve this problem? Please let me know.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ramesh Chandra

It appears that you have a stale lock file (the 6.lock file in the locks
directory)
that is preventing you from submitting updates. Delete the lock file and try
your PR update again.

Stale lock files can result if an edit is abnormally terminated....say,
by killing
an edit-pr process during an edit.

Hope this helps.

--
Mel Hatzis

* RE: PR Submission (Change of state) gets locked
@ 2003-01-28 10:26 ` Michael Loftis
From: Michael Loftis @ 2003-01-28 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chandra Ramesh; +Cc: GNATS HELP

/proc/kcore is the *kernel* core.  /proc/* contains information about the
current system state.  Depending on your OS you'll need to look for a file
named 'core' or 'executable.core' (ie 'gnatsd.core') or maybe some other
variant.

--On Tuesday, January 28, 2003 3:44 PM +0530 Chandra Ramesh

@ 2003-01-28 10:16 Chandra Ramesh

       [not found] <892CE977BB4FD31194EE00A0C9F2733909DF574A@blrk001a.sisl.co. in>
@ 2003-01-27  9:56 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-01-27  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)