* Trying to run gnatsweb
@ 2003-10-08 18:27 Paul Richardson
From: Paul Richardson @ 2003-10-08 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats; +Cc: Paul Richardson

Hi all, I have installed gnats version 4.0 and am now in the process of
trying to run/debug gnatsweb. When I try and run the "test" script I get
the error "Gnatsweb unable to connect to the GNATS server", debugging
this problem I notice that the "test" script fails when it calls the
subroutine init_fieldinfo. This subroutine is actually implemented in
the file gnatsweb.pl. Specfically there is a a subroutine call "
client_cmd("list InitialRequiredFields") which fails. I actually tried
this list command myself by telnet'ing into the gnats server and trying
the command by hand, upon doing so I get the response "416 No such list
as InitialRequiredFields"

Is it safe to try and remove this particular call to client_cmd from the
test to get a positive result,

Thanks in advance

Paul Richardson
TriCN
164 Townsend St, Suite 10
San Francisco, Ca 94107-1989
Phone: 1.415.625.6071
fax 415.625.3616
www.tricn.com

* Re: Trying to run gnatsweb
@ 2003-10-08 19:36 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-10-08 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Richardson; +Cc: help-gnats

Paul Richardson wrote:
> Hi all, I have installed gnats version 4.0 and am now in the process of
> trying to run/debug gnatsweb. When I try and run the “test” script I get
> the error “Gnatsweb unable to connect to the GNATS server”, debugging
> this problem I notice that the “test” script fails when it calls the
> subroutine init_fieldinfo. This subroutine is actually implemented in
> the file gnatsweb.pl. Specfically there is a a subroutine call “
> client_cmd(“list InitialRequiredFields”) which fails. I actually tried
> this list command myself by telnet’ing into the gnats server and trying
> the command by hand, upon doing so I get the response “416 No such list
> as InitialRequiredFields”
>

> Is it safe to try and remove this particular call to client_cmd from the
> test to get a positive result,

Paul,

I am unable to reproduce this. Are you running the final version of
GNATS 4.0? The InitialRequiredFields functionality was implemented
rather late in 4.0 development, either right before beta 2 or right
after it. You need to check that your gnatsd comes from the final
version of 4.0.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

* Re: Trying to run gnatsweb [SUMMARY]
@ 2003-10-08 22:36   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-10-08 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Yngve Svendsen wrote:

> Paul Richardson wrote:
>
>> Hi all, I have installed gnats version 4.0 and am now in the process
>> of trying to run/debug gnatsweb. When I try and run the “test” script
>> I get the error “Gnatsweb unable to connect to the GNATS server”,
>> debugging this problem I notice that the “test” script fails when it
>> calls the subroutine init_fieldinfo. This subroutine is actually
>> implemented in the file gnatsweb.pl. Specfically there is a a
>> subroutine call “ client_cmd(“list InitialRequiredFields”) which
>> fails. I actually tried this list command myself by telnet’ing into
>> the gnats server and trying the command by hand, upon doing so I get
>> the response “416 No such list as InitialRequiredFields”
>>

>> Is it safe to try and remove this particular call to client_cmd from
>> the test to get a positive result,
>>

> Paul,
>
> I am unable to reproduce this. Are you running the final version of
> GNATS 4.0? The InitialRequiredFields functionality was implemented
> rather late in 4.0 development, either right before beta 2 or right
> after it. You need to check that your gnatsd comes from the final
> version of 4.0.
>
> Yngve Svendsen
> Gnatsweb maintainer

Just a quick summary: It turned out that the gnatsd being run was indeed
a pre-release version of 4.0 which didn't have the required functionality.

- Yngve