From: Mel Hatzis <hatzis@juniper.net>
To: Mike Hoolehan <mike@sycamore.us>
Cc: ishafqat@xavor.com, help-gnats@gnu.org
Subject: Re: New PR ID needed after inserting through GNATSD ..
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:28:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Actually, the latest version of the GNATS sources has a patch for
returning the new PR number. This is one of the few changes
made after GNATS 4.0 was released. Here's the ChangeLog entry:

2003-08-30  Mel Hatzis  <hatzis@juniper.net>, Andrew J. Gray
<andrewg@gnu.org>

         * client.c (get_reply): Check for outfp being NULL.
         (netSendPRCmd): Add flag to show information received.  All
         callers changed.
         * cmds.c (GNATS_subm): Send PR number for new submission.
         * file-pr.c (submit_pr): Return PR number for new submission.
         * pr-edit.c (long_options, handleNetworkEdit, main): Add
         show_prnum option.

If you opt to try this, be aware that it's a change to the GNATS
client/server interface (if you're using GNATS in network mode),
so you'll need to update the GNATS client binaries in addition
to the server.

-Mel

On 02/24/2004 08:39 AM, Mike Hoolehan submitted: