From: Mel Hatzis <hatzis@juniper.net>
To: Imran Shafqat <ishafqat@xavor.com>
Cc: help-gnats@gnu.org
Subject: Re: New PR ID needed after inserting through GNATSD ..
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 02/24/2004 11:01 PM, Imran Shafqat submitted:
> Thanks for your reply.
> Can you tell how can I use this patch through GNATSD ?

You'll need to get the current development version of GNATS
from CVS...it contains very few changes from GNATS 4.0 and,
IMO, it's just as reliable.

Follow the instructions for "Getting a Copy of the CVS Repository"
on http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gnats if you want to
know how this is done.

will SUBM command
> return new PR number ?

Assuming the SUBM command succeeds and creates, say, PR 1969,
it would return the following:

351-The added PR number is:
350 1969

As for the GNATS client utilities...

   - pr-edit will return the new PR number if it is
     invoked with a (new) --show-prnum option which
     is relevant if the --submit option is also
     present

   - send-pr will always return something like:

       send-pr: problem report 1969 filed

     (it now invokes pr-edit with the '--show-prnum' option)

--
Mel Hatzis