* Unparseable reply from gnatsd....
@ 2004-06-21 16:45 Adam Cade
From: Adam Cade @ 2004-06-21 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Gnats was working just fine.... i did not use it for a few weeks, then
got this error:

Unparseable reply from gnatsd

I have searched google... found some people with the same problem... but
never a solution.

Any help would be rather nice!

Thanks in advanced.

Adam

--
Adam Cade , Go Internet Ltd
email: adam@gointernet.co.uk

* Re: Unparseable reply from gnatsd....
@ 2004-06-21 17:48 ` Chad Walstrom
From: Chad Walstrom @ 2004-06-21 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Adam Cade wrote:
> Gnats was working just fine.... i did not use it for a few weeks, then
> got this error:
>
> Unparseable reply from gnatsd
>
> I have searched google... found some people with the same problem...
> but never a solution.
>
> Any help would be rather nice!

You wouldn't by chance be using an older version of gnatsweb with a
newer version of gnatsd, would you?  Could you give us a little more
insight and detail as to where you're seeing this error?

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/

* Re: Unparseable reply from gnatsd....
@ 2004-06-22 18:30 ` Mel Hatzis
From: Mel Hatzis @ 2004-06-22 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

On 06/21/2004 09:17 AM, Adam Cade submitted:
> Gnats was working just fine.... i did not use it for a few weeks, then
> got this error:
>
> Unparseable reply from gnatsd

I'm guessing you're getting this error in gnatsweb. If so,
gnatsweb is not handling the error returned from gnatsd
and is giving you the "catchall" message.

The easiest way to determine what is wrong is to telnet to the
port gnatsd is listening on and issue your command(s) directly
to gnatsd. This requires a little familiarity with the GNATS
protocol, but it cuts out all the middleware and you can see
the exact reply from gnatsd.

[ The GNATS protocol commands are fairly straightforward to use.
   Just enter 'help' and you'll see the list of available commands. ]

Otherwise, please provide a little more information about
what it is you're doing to get this error...is it a query,
a PR create, edit, etc.

--
Mel Hatzis

* Re: Unparseable reply from gnatsd
@ 2003-04-29 18:55 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-04-29 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eicke Felipe; +Cc: help-gnats

At 18:37 29.04.2003 +0000, Eicke Felipe wrote:
>Hi,I use gnatsd through inetd the entry at inetd.conf is:
>support stream tcp nowait gnats /usr/local/gnats/libexec/gnats/gnatsd gnatsd
>and the entry at /etc/services is:
>support         1529/tcp        prmsd gnatsd    # cygnus bug tracker
>

>I tried to telnet localhost 1529 and ...
>
>telnet localhost 1529
>Trying 127.0.0.1...
>Connected to localhost.alellyx.com.br.
>Escape character is '^]'.
>Connection closed by foreign host.

This indicates that inetd isn't starting the GNATS daemon upon connection
to port 1529. You seem to have configured everything else properly, so I
would suggest you have a closer look at inetd. Perhaps you forgot to
restart inetd after editing inetd.conf?

- Yngve

* Re: Unparseable reply from gnatsd
@ 2003-04-29 18:40 Eicke Felipe
From: Eicke Felipe @ 2003-04-29 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yngve.svendsen; +Cc: help-gnats

@ 2003-04-29 18:23 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-04-29 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eicke Felipe; +Cc: help-gnats

@ 2003-04-29 18:20 Eicke Felipe
From: Eicke Felipe @ 2003-04-29 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yngve.svendsen; +Cc: help-gnats

Ok there is a file /usr/local/gnats/etc/gnats/databases and the content is:
default:Bug database:/usr/local/gnats/com/gnatsdb

The following is the output from command gnatsd with the option LIST
Databases:

/usr/local/gnats/libexec/gnats/gnatsd
200 gnatserver GNATS server 4.0-beta1 ready.
LIST Databases
301 List follows.
default:Bug database:/usr/local/gnats/com/gnatsdb

Could you help me?
Eicke.

@ 2003-04-29 18:13 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-04-29 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eicke Felipe; +Cc: help-gnats

@ 2003-04-29 17:59 Eicke Felipe
From: Eicke Felipe @ 2003-04-29 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yngve.svendsen; +Cc: help-gnats

Hi, (thanks for your reply, I am hopeless).

I installed gnatsweb from the contrib subdirectory of the GNATS 4.0 beta
distribution.
The directory three that I installed is the following:

/usr/local/gnats/
                 bin
                 com/gnatsdb
                 etc
                 info
                 libexec
                 man
                 share
and there is a file /etc/gnats-db.conf with contents:
/usr/local/gnats/com/gnatsdb:default

Why is the combo Database (from gnatsweb) empty?

Thanks a lot Eicke.

@ 2003-04-29 17:58 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-04-29 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eicke Felipe, help-gnats

@ 2003-04-29 17:37 Eicke Felipe
From: Eicke Felipe @ 2003-04-29 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hi folks,

I leave the version 3 and install the Gnats 4.
I got the following error when I try to open gnatsweb:

Unparseable reply from gnatsd

Unparseable reply from gnatsd

User Name:
Database:

The combo Database is empty and the Web Server log is the following:
[Tue Apr 29 14:24:23 2003] gnatsweb.pl: Use of uninitialized value at
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl line 357.
[Tue Apr 29 14:24:23 2003] gnatsweb.pl: Use of uninitialized value at
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl line 415.
[Tue Apr 29 14:24:23 2003] gnatsweb.pl: Use of uninitialized value at
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl line 415.
[Tue Apr 29 14:24:23 2003] gnatsweb.pl: gnatsweb: unparseable gnatsd output:
; user=, db=default; stacktrace: In: main::get_reply <= main::client_cmd <=
main::login_page <= main::main at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl line
415.

Could you help me.

I believe there are someone in this list but I did not receive any answers
for my questions anyway I am trying...

Thanks and Regards.
Eicke.