* Should we add a -d option to send-pr?
@ 2001-05-13 11:43 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-05-13 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

The current version 4 send-pr script does not support the -d or --database
option, instead requiring that the user set the GNATSDB environment
variable to the correct database name before running send-pr.

The -d option is very convenient, and the lack of this option in send-pr
makes it inconsistent with the other GNATS utilities. And since the site
functionality, with the associated mkdir utility is gone, send-pr is mainly
intended for local use, where a -d option makes a whole lot more sense than
for remote use.

Adding it seems to be easy, but I'd appreciate to hear any relevant points
of view on this from the people on this mailing list before I make the
changes and submit a patch.

Anyone?

Yngve Svendsen
IS Engineer
Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway
yngve.svendsen@clustra.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-05-13 11:43 UTC | newest]