* Adding "Description" column field in Advanced query option.
@ 2002-12-19  4:47 Gnanesh V
From: Gnanesh V @ 2002-12-19  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Dear Sir/Madam,

        We are using GNATS 3.113 for reporting bugs &
it's extremely good for usage till now. We have an
request about adding fields in GNATS.

1)Is there any possiblity of adding extra fields of
our own in GNATS. If so please let us know which all
files we need to update & what contents has to go in
under these files.
2)Please let us know how to add "Description" field in
select columns to display under "Advanced query"
option. This is very important for us since, when a
query is selected, the fields that we can select in
select columns to display should contain this
"Description" column field. So that we can get the
Problem Reports along with "Description" of each
problem Report selected & it will be useful for us to
have the decription of the problem report in our
report.

We hope you can help me in this regard of extracting
"Description" field in advanced query option. It will
be greatful for us if any one of your suggestion could
be helpful in fullfilling our request & do the needful
as ASAP.

Thanks & Regards
Gnanesh

* Re: Adding "Description" column field in Advanced query option.
@ 2002-12-24 15:51 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2002-12-24 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnanesh V, help-gnats

At 22:33 15.12.2002 -0800, Gnanesh V wrote:
>Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>         We are using GNATS 3.113 for reporting bugs &
>it's extremely good for usage till now. We have an
>request about adding fields in GNATS.
>
>1)Is there any possiblity of adding extra fields of
>our own in GNATS. If so please let us know which all
>files we need to update & what contents has to go in
>under these files.

This is one of the most important new features of GNATS 4.0. You can add
and remove fields, change behaviour of fields and in general customize most
aspects of GNATS behaviour. GNATS 4 is its second beta version right now.
If you are using GNATS in production, it is a bit risky to start using the
beta version there, even though I consider beta 2 to be generally good
quality and in most respects much better quality that 3.113.

>2)Please let us know how to add "Description" field in
>select columns to display under "Advanced query"
>option. This is very important for us since, when a
>query is selected, the fields that we can select in
>select columns to display should contain this
>"Description" column field. So that we can get the
>Problem Reports along with "Description" of each
>problem Report selected & it will be useful for us to
>have the decription of the problem report in our
>report.

This is harder. Description is a multi-line field and it can thus easily
contain data that are completely impossible to display in the table format
that Query Results uses. It can of course be done with a bit of Perl
knowledge, but it might involve changing the entire Query Results display.

This particular feature probably belongs in the reporting functionality
that I plan to include in Gnatsweb 4.1 (or whatever it will be called), so
you may have to wait until then.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

* Failed in Query
@ 2002-12-30  8:14   ` Howard Hao Nguyen
From: Howard Hao Nguyen @ 2002-12-30  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hi,
I'm trying to setup Gnat4-beta2 and I have seen this failure when doing
query.  Can you someone please help me .  Thanks.

--------Errors on the browser-----------
Query Results
Return code: 220 - No PRs match.