* Re: Problem in setting up multiple databases
       [not found] <4223A04BF7D1B941A25246ADD0462FF5704F85@blr-m3-msg.wipro.co m>
@ 2003-02-05  8:00 ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-02-05  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sudha Mudhavalapu, help-gnats

At 13:02 05.02.2003 +0530, Sudha Mudhavalapu wrote:
>5.Added the cronjob to the file .mycron present in gnats home directory.
>ran crontab .mycron

Start off by checking that this cronjob is correctly set up (you may for
instance have forgotten the -d argument) and that it actually runs.

Yngve Svendsen

* Problem in setting up multiple databases
@ 2003-02-05  7:34 Sudha Mudhavalapu
From: Sudha Mudhavalapu @ 2003-02-05  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

	Mentioned below are the steps that I have followed.Please let me
know where I went wrong.If its not understandable please mail back and
example with the contents of the files and the steps followed so that I
can set up multiple databases

1.Created the base directory for the new database, say
`/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm', (owned by the GNATS user)

2.Copied all files from `gnats-db/gnats-adm' to
'/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm/gnats-adm', and edited them to
reflect the needs of new database. (owned by the gnats user) There is a
category named pending.

3.As the GNATS user, ran `mkcat
--directory=/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm'' to
create the directories for the categories. Remove the files `current'
and `index', that exist. Run the program gen-index to create the index
file
created a 'current' file by
echo 1 > current

4.Now added a line for the new database to `/etc/gnats-db.conf', like
this:
/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm:BROADCOM

5.Added the cronjob to the file .mycron present in gnats home directory.
ran crontab .mycron

7.Added aliases for the new database and ran
newaliases the contents of aliases file are...

#Aliases for broadcom gnats database
broadcom-bugs: "| /etc/smrsh/queue-pr -q -d
/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm"
broadcom-query: "| /etc/smrsh/mail-query -d
/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm"

8.The contents of config file present in
/home/projects/broadcom/gnats-bcm/gnats-adm are as below...
GNATS_ADDR="broadcom"
GNATS_USER="gnats"
GNATS_ADMIN="gnats-admin"
GNATS_SITE="alpine"
SUBMITTER="alpine"
DEFAULT_RELEASE="broadcom-1.0"
DEFAULT_ORGANIZATION="alpine"
NOTIFY=1
ACKNOWLEDGE=1
DEFAULT_SUBMITTER="sganesh"
KEEP_RECEIVED_HEADERS=1
BDAY_START=8
BDAY_END=17
BWEEK_START=1
BWEEK_END=5
DEBUG_MODE=1

After this I logged in to gnats new database using gnatsweb.Created a PR
nothing seemed to get created in the database for that category.

Thanks,
Sudha.

[-- Attachment #2: Wipro_Disclaimer.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 514 bytes --]

**************************Disclaimer************************************************

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

* Re: Problem in setting up multiple databases
@ 2003-01-26 23:26 ` Hans-Albert Schneider
From: Hans-Albert Schneider @ 2003-01-26 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sudha Mudhavalapu; +Cc: help-gnats

    Sudha> Created a file called .mycron in the home directory of
    Sudha> the user gnats which contains the line:

    Sudha> 0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * *
    Sudha> exec-prefix/libexec/gnats/queue-pr --run

Add --directory=/usr/local/gnats/db2

(I hope you replaced exec-prefix by the correct location.)

I'll add this hint to the FAQ.

Hans-Albert

--
Hans-Albert Schneider
Munich, Germany

* Problem in setting up multiple databases
@ 2003-01-23 12:38 Sudha Mudhavalapu
From: Sudha Mudhavalapu @ 2003-01-23 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats