* access to multiple databases...
@ 2003-06-26  7:08 Erwin, Richard D
From: Erwin, Richard D @ 2003-06-26  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Folks;

I'm banging my head against the wall onthis one and could use a little help.

I'm useing gnatsweb 4.0 and gnats 3.999.2.  I have three separate databases.

In gnats/gnatsweb 3.113, I could set the local host to "none" and the users to "edit" or "view", as appropriate,  individually in their spearate access files, and all would work out.

Now, I have in /usr/local/etc/gnats, gnatsd.user_access and gnats_hosts.access, and can setup gnatsd.user_access within a given database, say /usr/local/com/gnatsdb/default, if I don't want to setup the file within /usr/local/etc/gnats.

I've tried a few different combinations, and would prefer either having a gnats_hosts.access file that sets the host(s) involved to "none", with individual /usr/local/com/gnatsdb/*/gnatsd.user_access file.  However, no matter what I do, the second I set a host to "none", nothing seems to trump it in the user files I create.

My users essentially want to allow everyone wide access to PRs within their database, but push away everyone else that hasn't been invited.  RIght now, it seems I can't give them that.

Am I missing something obvious, or is there a better way to accomplish this end?

Thanks in advance,
Rich Erwin
Boeing SSG - M&CT Support
(425) 865-3414

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-06-26  7:08 UTC | newest]