* New Gnatsweb CVS repository
@ 2001-07-01 15:23 Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-07-01 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

A CVS repository for Gnatsweb development has been set up at savannah.gnu.org.

Gnatsweb 2.6 was imported as the initial version, then a branch named
"gnatsweb-v2-branch" was created, and versions 2.7beta, 2.8.0, 2.8.1 and
2.8.2 were committed and tagged in sequence on this branch. In order to
check out the tip of the version 2 branch, use the following commands:

cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gnatsweb login
(simply press Enter when asked for a password)

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gnatsweb co -r
gnatsweb-v2-branch gnatsweb

The current development version of Gnatsweb 4.0 (currently at version
number 3.95) forms the main branch. In order to do a checkout of the tip of
the main branch, proceed as follows:

cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gnatsweb login
(simply press Enter when asked for a password)

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gnatsweb co gnatsweb

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

* Gnatsweb / passwords
@ 2001-07-02  1:52 ` nick
From: nick @ 2001-07-02  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

While we're still talking about passwords, will it be possible for those
of us using apache+ssl to bypass the gnatsweb login process completely?
(Since they would have already done an apache login).  I feel lame about
asking for what could be such a trivial mod, but then I'm a Python &
Java person and lack any Perl ability. <:)

nick

* Re: Gnatsweb / passwords
@ 2001-07-02  2:07   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-07-02  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nick, gnats-devel

At 09:52 02.07.2001 +0100, nick@brainstorm.co.uk wrote:
>While we're still talking about passwords, will it be possible for those
>of us using apache+ssl to bypass the gnatsweb login process completely?
>(Since they would have already done an apache login).  I feel lame about
>asking for what could be such a trivial mod, but then I'm a Python &
>Java person and lack any Perl ability. <:)

Yes. We have a monster patch ready for Gnatsweb 4.x which will be applied
by the end of this week, and this version will be able to use the "remote
user" parameter set at browser login. You'll just need to set a single
config parameter at the start of the Gnatsweb script. However, I am not
planning to backport this to version 2 of Gnatsweb, so you'll need to jump
up to GNATS 4 in order to use the new Gantsweb. Backporting would probably
not be hard (I don't quite remember exactly what the patch does wrt. this),
but I try to use the spare cycles I have to help getting GNATS 4 out of the
door.

- Yngve

* Re: New Gnatsweb CVS repository
@ 2001-07-03  9:08 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-07-03  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: gnats-devel

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Yngve Svendsen wrote:
> Gnatsweb 2.6 was imported as the initial version, then a branch named
> "gnatsweb-v2-branch" was created, and versions 2.7beta, 2.8.0, 2.8.1 and
> 2.8.2 were committed and tagged in sequence on this branch. In order to
> check out the tip of the version 2 branch, use the following commands:

Would it have been possible, somehow (with cooperation from the gnu.org
admins) to instead simply import the original CVS tree, i.e., the CVS
database files containing the *whole* history?

I've done my deal of CVS related work, and I believe this should be
feasible relatively easily and might be worth giving a try...

Gerald

* Re: New Gnatsweb CVS repository
@ 2001-07-03 11:04   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-07-03 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: gnats-devel

At 18:07 03.07.2001 +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>Would it have been possible, somehow (with cooperation from the gnu.org
>admins) to instead simply import the original CVS tree, i.e., the CVS
>database files containing the *whole* history?
>
>I've done my deal of CVS related work, and I believe this should be
>feasible relatively easily and might be worth giving a try...

I was a bit unsure about the value of doing that. I checked the CVS logs
and found that none of the 2.x versions of Gnatsweb used the
sources.redhat.com repository during development. Only release versions
have been checked in.

It also appears that Bob Manson's changes for GNATS 4.x compatibility were
checked in in one go, and since then there really haven't been that many
significant changes on the main branch.

So all in all, importing the whole tree will not provide any more history
for the 2.x versions and not much more for the 3/4.x development branch, so
I don't think it's worth it to go through the trouble of doing that.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

(By, the way, I got confirmation from the FSF that Dirk's copyright
assignments are on file, so I'll probably try to get the patch checked in
sometime tomorrow)

@ 2001-07-05  6:02   ` Hugo Gayosso
From: Hugo Gayosso @ 2001-07-05  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: Yngve Svendsen, gnats-devel

* send-pr.el
@ 2001-07-05 18:13     ` Margaret BRIERTON
From: Margaret BRIERTON @ 2001-07-05 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs; +Cc: gnats-devel

Hi

I'm installing GNATS on our sun server.  I've unziped the source code and try
and make it but i have the following problem:

Why when i do a make install do i get the following error:

send-pr.el not found

??????????????????

I've taken the ziped version from the web and i presume that this file should
come down with it?

Cheers

Margaret

* Re: send-pr.el
@ 2001-07-06  6:55       ` Milan Zamazal
From: Milan Zamazal @ 2001-07-06  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Margaret BRIERTON; +Cc: gnats-devel

    MB> I've taken the ziped version from the web and i presume that
    MB> this file should come down with it?

To diagnose the problem, you must tell us, what file you took.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
If we are going to start removing packages because of the quality of the
software, wonderful.  I move to remove all traces of the travesty of editors,