* RE: Autentication Again...
@ 2003-06-05 12:36 Eicke Felipe
From: Eicke Felipe @ 2003-06-05 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Priya.Nayar; +Cc: help-gnats

Hi Priya

I follow your instructions but when I tried to access gnatsweb the following
error message appears:

Return code: 422 - Access denied (login again & check usercode/password)

Another question...In your environment when the user priya log she only edit
her pr's and sees others?

Could you help me?
Regards.
Eicke.

> [...]
>[gnats@idc_linux_bld01 gnats-adm]$ ls
>addresses  categories  classes  current  dbconfig  gnatsd.access  index
>locks  responsible  states  submitters
>[gnats@idc_linux_bld01 gnats-adm]$ vi gnatsd.access
>#
>#                  User access levels with the GNATS daemon.
>#
># Any line which begins with a `#' is considered a comment, and GNATS
># will ignore it.
>#
># Each entry has the format:
>#
>#       userid:password:access-level:database-alias
>#
>#       Wildcard characters are supported for userid, password and
>database.
>#            "*" matches anything; "?" matches any single character
>#
>#       * userid:   a user id to gain access to gnatsd
>#       * password: a password for the user.  Passwords prefixed by $0$ are
>#               assumed to be plain-text.  Passwords without a prefix are
>#               assumed to be encrypted with standard crypt(), while
>passwords
>#               prefixed with $1$ are assumed to be MD5 encrypted.
>#               MD5 and crypt() encryption may not be available on all
>systems.
>#       * access-level: (default = edit)
>#               deny     - gnatsd closes the connection
>#               none     - no further access until userid and password
>given
>#               listdb   - same as 'none', except that the user is allowed
>#                          list the available databases on the server
>#               view     - query and view PRs with Confidential=no only
>#               viewconf - query and view PRs with Confidential=yes
>#               edit     - full edit access
>#               admin    - full admin access (required for operations such
>as
>#                          deleting PRs)
>#         This overrides (increases but never lowers) the access level
>given
>#         as the default for the user's host in the global gnatsd.conf
>file.
>#       * database-alias: a comma-separated list of database names.
>#         It's ignored in gnatsd-adm/gnatsd.access since this file is
>already
>#         database specific.
>#
>priya:password:edit:
>bjuda:password:edit:
>~
>

>set the access levels for different users as view, edit or admin(all
>privileges). this file exists for each & every project in the database. u
>can set different people to hv differet access levels for different
>projects.
>in file shown to u for ref, users priya & bjuda hv edit access.

* RE: Autentication Again...
@ 2003-06-05  5:48 Nayar, Priya G

I installed Gnatsweb v3.99.3 and Gnats v4.0-beta1. Everything is functional
but I need to control the access by user. When the user X that have a
password logs in gnastsweb only control your tasks and see anothers belong
to others users. Is There a way to configure this environment?
Today any user get access into gnatsweb no password, this is very
dangerous...I need help.

Thanks and regards.
Eicke.

* Autentication Again...