* ms ie5.5 login to gnatsweb problem
@ 2002-01-10  5:35 Lance Murayama
From: Lance Murayama @ 2002-01-10  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

I am having a problem with one particular machine logging into Gnatsweb.
Whenever a user tries to login from a specific machine after entering the
login and password he gets kicked back to the login screen. Regardless if
the user enters the right information on the login screen it should take
him to the main page with View privs. This same user can go to another
Windows machine using Internet Explorer to login.

The user is running Windows NT 4 SP6 with Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2. I know
this to be a problem with this particular machine and therefore is probably
not a Gnatsweb issue but I was hoping someone could point me in the right
direction to fix this problem. Thanx in advance for your time and advice.

* Re: ms ie5.5 login to gnatsweb problem
@ 2002-01-11  7:34 ` Hans-Albert Schneider
From: Hans-Albert Schneider @ 2002-01-11  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lance Murayama; +Cc: help-gnats

Hello,

    opi> Whenever a user tries to login from a specific machine
    opi> after entering the login and password he gets kicked
    opi> back to the login screen.

Check whether cookies are enabled on that machine.  As the IE
settings are usually stored somewhere on drive C: (that is, on
the local disk), chances are that cookies are disabled on that
particular machine and enabled on others.

gnatsweb uses cookies to store the login information (and some
other infos; look at the cookie's value, it should become clear
very easily).

Hans-Albert

--
Hans-Albert Schneider
Munich, Germany

* Re: ms ie5.5 login to gnatsweb problem
@ 2002-01-11 10:48   ` Hans-Albert Schneider
From: Hans-Albert Schneider @ 2002-01-11 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lance Murayama, help-gnats

    opi> Whenever a user tries to login from a specific machine
    opi> after entering the login and password he gets kicked
    opi> back to the login screen.

Ah, I am not quite sure whether I understood it correctly:

Do you mean that the main screen is displayed (the one with the
many buttons offering you to create a new report, view an
existing report, edit an existing report, and so on), and after
clicking on one of the buttons, the Login screen comes back?
Than try my suggestion and check for the cookie settings.

Or do you mean that the main screen does not show up at all, but
the Login screen is the only screen your user gets?  Then, I am
confused; but on the other hand, I am not using the latest
gnatsweb, so maybe it is also a cookie problem.  (Or JavaScript?
I remember that newer gantsweb versions are using JavaScript.)

	Hans-Albert
--

@ 2002-01-11 10:54   ` Lance Murayama
From: Lance Murayama @ 2002-01-11 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans-Albert; +Cc: help-gnats

Thanx for the reply. Cookies were enabled. However, your email got
me thinking about his security settings. I reset the settings to the
default configuration and Gnatsweb works fine now. Thanx again for
pointing me in the right direction.

@ 2002-01-11 10:16 Stanley Zhong
From: Stanley Zhong @ 2002-01-11 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

I'm using NT SP6 with IE5.0. I do not meet with the problem you mentioned.
Do you set the correct access privilege in your gnatsd.access and
gnatsd.host_access files?

regards,