* GNU GNATS 4.0 released
@ 2003-08-02 13:31 Andrew J. Gray
From: Andrew J. Gray @ 2003-08-02 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats, info-gnats

GNU GNATS 4.0 has been released.  The distribution file
gnats-4.0.tar.gz is available via anonymous FTP from

   ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnats/

GNU GNATS is a set of tools for tracking bugs reported by users to a
central site.  It allows problem report management and communication
with users through various means, including e-mail, Web and a network
daemon.  GNATS stores all the information about problem reports in its
databases, consisting of plain text files and it provides tools for
querying, editing and maintaining these databases.

GNU GNATS 4 is almost a full rewrite compared with GNATS 3.  New
features against the last official release, 3.113.1, include:

- Vastly improved customization, allowing sites to customize many
  aspects of GNATS behavior, especially to define custom fields of any
  supported type.

- Improved network daemon: It now allows direct problem report
  submission, it can verify the contents of problem reports before they
  are submitted and it provides more database setup information to the
  remote tools.

- Much more powerful database queries.

- Password encryption.

Changes since the second beta release include:

- Several bug-fixes.

- Improvements to the manual.

- Gnatsweb 4.0 is included.

You can get more information about GNU GNATS on its home page at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnats/ .

--
Andrew J. Gray
GNU GNATS Maintainer

* RE: GNU GNATS 4.0 released
@ 2003-08-09 15:19 ` Sankalp kohli
From: Sankalp kohli @ 2003-08-09 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew J. Gray, help-gnats, info-gnats

Hello All

I am trying to download the GNATS 4.0 but when I go to the ftp site
mentioned below I don't see the tar file there.

Is there any other place where I can download it from

Thanks

Sankalp

@ 2003-08-10  4:10   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2003-08-10  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sankalp kohli, Andrew J. Gray, help-gnats, info-gnats

At 15:31 08.08.2003 -0500, Sankalp kohli wrote:
>Hello All
>

>I am trying to download the GNATS 4.0 but when I go to the ftp site
>mentioned below I don't see the tar file there.
>
>Is there any other place where I can download it from

Unfortunately, there was a security breach at ftp.gnu.org some time ago
which necessitated the removal of a lot of files whose authenticity
couldn't be immediately verified.

I have made GNATS 4.0 temporarily available at
http://www.yngve.com/gnats/gnats-4.0.tar.gz

Hope this helps,

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

* RE: GNU GNATS 4.0 released
@ 2003-08-12 11:10     ` Sankalp kohli
From: Sankalp kohli @ 2003-08-12 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen, Andrew J. Gray, help-gnats, info-gnats

Hello Yngve

Thanks a lot for the copy of GNATS 4.0. I tried to install it with GNATSweb
4.0 I believe everything is being installed fine. I installed it with the
default configurations.

I am having a problem when I try to access it from the web browser, I get
the login screen and when I enter the user name and password I get HTTP 404
File not found I saw that my link shows
http://192.168.20.213/cgi-bin/%2Fcgi-bin%2Fgnatsweb.pl

When I do

make test USERNAME=test PASSWORD=test DATABASE=default
make: *** [test] Error 9

I can see that query is FAILED but I believe that is because the database is
empty since I have not created any PRs yet.

Can you think of any reasons that why am I not able to connect using the web

Thanks in advance

Sankalp