* Solved gnatsweb installation problem
@ 2001-03-20  4:50 stefan.kaes
From: stefan.kaes @ 2001-03-20  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: gnats-devel, stefan.kaes

I got gnatsweb working now (probably forgot killing inetd after changing
userid for gnatsd subprocess, umph).

Question: does someone have the sente-reports.html file. It contains
examples of how to use the chartinh module.

Stefan Kaes

portax.com GmbH
Zielstattstrasse 40, Geb. 16
81379 München

Tel:        +49 (0)89 748 99 - 127
Fax:        +49 (0)89 748 99 - 111
Mob:       +49 (0)172 89 86 401
E-Mail:   stefan.kaes@portax.com
Web:     http://www.portax.com

                    Yngve Svendsen
                    <yngve.svendsen@cl        An:     stefan.kaes@portax.com
                    ustra.com>                Kopie:  gnats-devel@sourceware.cygnus.com, stefan.kaes@portax.com
                                              Thema:  Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: how to install gnatsweb???
                    20.03.2001 11:57

At 10:27 20.03.2001 +0100, stefan.kaes@portax.com wrote:

>Hmm, I forgot about emacs and the command line tools, since I have stopped
>using them long time ago.
>It would probably be a lot of work to to fully support mime in the emacs
>mode and the command line.
>I have another suggestion: don't include the attachments in the pr.
>Why not simply store them along with the pr and make the attachment
>directory read/write accessible to the web server?
>The attachments could then be extracted by gnatsweb and replaced by URLs
>the files on the web server.
>The URL's could then be replaced by hrefs when presented through gnatsweb
>to the user.
>And most email clients convert http://... text into clickable URLs anyway.
>
>comments?

Yes, that sounds like a workable solution. And we definitely need to store
the attachments somewhere else - just the other day, a customer sent us a
.8 Gb log file!

- Yngve

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-03-20  4:50 UTC | newest]