* gnatsweb questions
@ 2001-01-31 20:55 sakou
From: sakou @ 2001-01-31 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

Hi,

I am searching web based bug tracking tool to use our project.
Your tool looks like better than other tools.
But I have some questions about gnatsweb.

1.Is it possible to add a new field to form of a bug report? (ex. FREQUENCY,VERSION,,,)

2.Is it possible to add a new field to form of a bug report?

3.Is it possible to search with any combination of field data of a bug report?
Can regular expression be used when you do 'search'?

4.Can you attach any type of file (ascii,binary) to a bug report?

Thanks

* Re: gnatsweb questions
@ 2001-02-01  5:01 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-02-01  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-devel

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 sakou@jp.fujitsu.com wrote:
> 1.Is it possible to add a new field to form of a bug report? (ex.
> FREQUENCY,VERSION,,,)

Yes, that should be possible, rather easily I would hope. (I hope others,
more familiar with GNATS can comment on this, though, as you will also
have to modify the underlyingi GNATS system.)

> 3.Is it possible to search with any combination of field data of a bug
> report? Can regular expression be used when you do 'search'?

Yes, yes. :-)

At http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl you will find the gnatsweb
installation of the GCC project, which you can use to experiment with
the advanced search functionality.

> 4.Can you attach any type of file (ascii,binary) to a bug report?

Yes.

If you want to use gnatsweb, I strongly recommend using the current
version as you'll find it into the CVS tree at http://sources.redhat.com/gnats/ .

Patches and improvements are definitely welcome!

Gerald