* setting the default database in gnats 3.999.2
@ 2003-06-14  2:15 Erwin, Richard D
From: Erwin, Richard D @ 2003-06-14  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Folks;

I get stuck at the following point...

dezolt% /mnt6/gnats-3.999.2/gnats/mkdb default
mkdb: No proper entry for `default' in `/usr/local/etc/gnats/databases':

dezolt%

I have a /usr/local/com, per the documentation, it should be accessible, and the build otherwise of gnats 4.0 (multiple builds, actually, to see where the hole might be in the logic that creates the above result) was without any problems.  The build is on Solaris 8.

Any help would be useful and appreciated.

Rich Erwin
Boeing SSG - M&CT Support
(425) 865-3414

* RE: setting the default database in gnats 3.999.2
@ 2003-06-16 18:03 Erwin, Richard D
From: Erwin, Richard D @ 2003-06-16 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brandon Metcalf; +Cc: help-gnats

Brandon;

Thanks for your advice.  One should also note that gnatsdb is created as part of the mkdb process.  (This isn't very clearly stated in the "Installing the default database) documentation.)  As a result, the directory com, wherever you put it (I have it at /usr/local/com) should be writeable by gnats, since mkdb is supposed to be used to create database(s) while in ~/com.

I'm getting another error, however---

dezolt% ./mkdb default
Copying default files from /usr/local/etc/gnats/defaults
cp: cannot access /usr/local/etc/gnats/defaults/categories
Can't copy file /usr/local/etc/gnats/defaults/categories to /usr/local/com/gnatsdb/gnats-adm/categories, exiting
dezolt%

I am going to assume, forthe moment, that can grab a copy of and adjust my categories file from my build of gnats 3.113 and adjust to suit.  In the meantime, any suggestions on how to fix the abovementioned error would be appreciated.

Rich Erwin
Boeing SSG - M&CT Support
(425) 865-3414