* Import bug utility for GNATS?
@ 2004-03-07 11:03 Mohamed Niyaz, ASDC Chennai
From: Mohamed Niyaz, ASDC Chennai @ 2004-03-07 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnats

Hello All:

I am considering using two GNATS servers in different locations (in separate
VPNs) and was wondering if we could import bugs from one to another. I mean,
somebody enters a bug in one server and instead of having to repeat the same
thing for the second one, export from the first one and then import to the
second one? Any help would me much appreciated.

Thanks.

* Re: Import bug utility for GNATS?
@ 2004-03-16  2:57 ` Daniel Quimper
From: Daniel Quimper @ 2004-03-16  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohamed Niyaz, ASDC Chennai, help-gnats

Hi,

I got a suggestion for you. Use a software like "unison" to sync your two
installations.
Your user don't have to export and import the PR, that would be done
automatically
with "unison" a couple of minutes after the insertion. Since, Gnats is all
file base, I
think this would work well. Unison is not the only software for this, only
one that I
use for other purpose.

I don't really understand why you would need two servers though. Can you
have only
on location and have the second location access it via VPN or some other
network
facility?

dan...

--