public inbox for gnats-prs@sourceware.org
* gnatsweb/164: can't get gnatsweb to work
@ 2001-03-09  9:14 wes
From: wes @ 2001-03-09  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnats-gnats

>Number:         164
>Category:       gnatsweb
>Synopsis:       can't get gnatsweb to work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          doc-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Mar 09 09:14:01 PST 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Wes Barris
>Release:        gnatsweb-2.7beta
Hello,

Is there any documentation on installing gnatsweb other than what is
in the file gnatsweb-2.7beta.tar.gz?  I am new to gnats and gnatsweb
and have spent weeks trying to get gnatsweb to work without any luck.

I have installed gnats on a Redhat 7.0 system by installing the following
two rpms:

root@kirby# rpm -qa | fgrep gnats
gnats-3.113-5
gnats-db-3.113-5

I have downloaded gnatsweb from here:

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gnats/contrib/gnatsweb-2.7beta.tar.gz

I have followed the installation steps in gnatsweb-2.7beta/INSTALL
up to step 5 where it says:

    5. Run the tests to make sure the setup is OK.  Specify a
       username/password/database_name on the command line like so:

           make test USERNAME=anon PASSWORD=pw DATABASE=db_alias

This is the first I have seen a username/password mentioned.  The
Redhat gnats rpms don't come with a password file so I created this:

root@kirby# cat /usr/share/gnats/gnats-db/gnats-adm/gnatsd.access
wes:test:admin:*
*:*:view

I can't find any information on what to use for the DATABASE so I
tried this:

root@kirby# make test USERNAME=wes PASSWORD=test DATABASE=/usr/share/gnats/gnats-db
perl test.pl

<H1>Software error:</H1>
<PRE>Can't call method &quot;header&quot; on an undefined value at gnatsweb.pl line 2117, &lt;SOCK&gt; line 1.
</PRE>
<P>
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message
and the time and date of the error.

[Fri Mar  9 10:41:19 2001] test.pl: Can't call method "header" on an undefined value at gnatsweb.pl line 2117, <SOCK> line 1.
make: *** [test] Error 255

I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what.  Does anyone
use gnatsweb?  Does it really work?  HELP!

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-03-09  9:14 UTC | newest]