* GNU Scientific Library (GSL) 0.9.3 is released - 4th Beta Test Release
@ 2001-09-20 12:06 Brian Gough
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Brian Gough @ 2001-09-20 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: gsl-announce; +Cc: gsl-discuss
Dear GSL enthusiasts,
I have placed a new release snapshot of GSL (0.9.3) up for anonymous
The source code is available from the following locations,
The project home page is at http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/
This release fixes all bugs reported recently and adds a few missing
Please continue testing and report any problems to
Here are the recent entries in the NEWS file.
* What is new in gsl-0.9.3:
* Routines for complex LU decomposition are now available, allowing
the solution of systems of equations with complex coefficients.
* Matrix views of vectors now correctly require a unit stride for the
* Permutations can now be applied to complex arrays and vectors.
* gsl_sf_pow_int now handles the case x = 0, n < 0
* The static versions of inline functions can now be hidden by
defining the preprocessor macro HIDE_INLINE_STATIC. This is needed
for some compilers.
* The original seeding procedure of mt19937 is available through the
generator gsl_rng_mt19937_1998. The seeding procedure was flawed, but
is available for compatibility.
* Added missing functions gsl_complex_div_real and
* Missing functions for constant vector and matrix views have now been
* Statistical calculations for histograms are now available, and the
gsl-histogram command also displays the histogram mean and standard
* The behavior of GSL_IEEE_MODE for denormalized exceptions has been
fixed on Openbsd and Netbsd.
* A pkg-config file gsl.pc is included in the distribution
* The reference manual can now be printed in @smallbook format without
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-09-20 12:06 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2001-09-20 12:06 GNU Scientific Library (GSL) 0.9.3 is released - 4th Beta Test Release Brian Gough
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).