* guides in gsl for fortran ?????
@ 2002-11-29 13:39 Mauricio Duque
From: Mauricio Duque @ 2002-11-29 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss; +Cc: mauriciodd

 I job in fortran for linix with the compilador g77, myself like that
please someone me east of as I can implement gsl for fortran since the
configuration to the compilacion

 please! !!!!

 thanks to someone

 Mauricio Fabian Duque Daza

 Departamento de Fisica

 Universidad Nacional de Colombia

 Bogota, Colombia

* Re: guides in gsl for fortran ?????
@ 2002-12-04 12:27 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2002-12-04 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauricio Duque; +Cc: gsl-discuss, mauriciodd

Mauricio Duque writes:

 >  I job in fortran for linix with the compilador g77, myself like that
 > please someone me east of as I can implement gsl for fortran since the
 > configuration to the compilacion

GSL is only available in C, not fortran.

* Re: guides in gsl for fortran ?????
@ 2002-12-06  3:21   ` Jacek Pliszka
From: Jacek Pliszka @ 2002-12-06  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss; +Cc: Mauricio Duque, mauriciodd

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 11:40, Brian Gough wrote:
> Mauricio Duque writes:
>  >
>  >  I job in fortran for linix with the compilador g77, myself like that
>  > please someone me east of as I can implement gsl for fortran since the
>  > configuration to the compilacion
>  >

> GSL is only available in C, not fortran.

Depends on what you mean by available. A lot of folks are using GSL
from fortran - it is just a matter of standard C to fortran wrapper.

Mauricio: Read also GNU documentation about calling C functions from
fortran code. All you need is a simple wrapper function. Works
perfectly.

Example : you have in GSL func1(double,double) and you want to call it
from fortran.

write wrapper in C:

func1_(double *x,double *y){
  func1(*x,*y);
}

For more - read the docs - it is explained there much better than I
would be able to.

BR,

Jacek

--
Jacek Pliszka <pliszka@physics.ucr.edu>

* Brent's method
@ 2004-01-29 15:14     ` Jacek Pliszka
From: Jacek Pliszka @ 2004-01-29 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Hi!

I finally had time to debug and I got working Brent's method for
multidimensional minimalization without derivatives.

The code is written from scratch - I translated ALGOL from Bren'tsbook
into C.

Now I would like to include this in the GSL. The code consists of two
parts:

1. The procedure itself

2. Testing functions from Brent's book

I would like to start with adding test functions from Brent's book to
test_funcs.c and test.c.

Is it possible to add them ?  I want to ask before I add them there.

BR,

Jacek Pliszka

* Re: Brent's method
@ 2004-01-29 19:07       ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2004-01-29 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacek Pliszka; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Jacek Pliszka writes:
 > I finally had time to debug and I got working Brent's method for
 > multidimensional minimalization without derivatives.
 >
 > The code is written from scratch - I translated ALGOL from Bren'tsbook
 > into C.

Cool.

 > Is it possible to add them ?  I want to ask before I add them there.

The easiest way is if you create an account on
http://savannah.gnu.org/ then I can give you cvs access.

--
Brian