* Re: release candidate 1.2.90
@ 2002-12-13  5:52 Pedro Gonnet
From: Pedro Gonnet @ 2002-12-13  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

all tests passed.

cheers
pedro

machine:
--------
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.00GHz
256kB cache
1GB RAM

OS:
---
Linux 2.4.9-21
Red Hat Linux 7.1

compiler
--------
gcc 3.2
CFLAGS="-O4 -fexpensive-optimizations -march=pentium4 -mfpmath=sse
-msse2"

* Re: release candidate 1.2.90
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-12-14  8:54 ` Dirk Eddelbuettel
From: Dirk Eddelbuettel @ 2002-12-14  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gough; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Debian packages for 1.2.90-1 were uploaded yesterday from an i386 built.
Packages for nine other of the architectures have already been auto-built by
now, one arch (mips) seems to lag behind.  All builds ran all tests.

Details are at http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=gsl

Dirk

--
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
				             -- Niels Bohr

* Re: release candidate 1.2.90
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-12-13  6:19 ` Stoffel
From: Stoffel @ 2002-12-13  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

All test successfully passed on
Debian ppc unstable, TiBook1st, gcc2.95.4 and gcc3.2.2.
CFLAGS="-O2"

jops,
	Stoffel.

--
Anything that is good and useful is made of chocolate.

* Re: release candidate 1.2.90
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-12-13  3:55 ` Giulio Bottazzi
From: Giulio Bottazzi @ 2002-12-13  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Brian Gough wrote:

>http://www.getafile.com/cgi-bin/merlot/get/network-theory/gsl/gsl-1.2.90.tar.gz
>
>Please test it out and report the results to
>gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com
>
>Brian

All tests passed on these:

1 -
CPU: Pentium4 - M 2.20GHz
OS: Linux (Debian 3.0)
compiler: gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)
libc: glibc 2.2.5

2 -
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1800+
OS: Linux (SuSE 8.1)
compiler: gcc version 3.2
libc: glibc 2.2.5

Giulio.

* Re: release candidate 1.2.90
@ 2002-12-13  2:15   ` Erik Ø. Sørensen
From: Erik Ø. Sørensen @ 2002-12-13  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

I should have made it clear in my previous mail: This is on Mac OS
X.2.2:

--
Erik Ø. Sørensen,  <http://www.geocities.com/erik_oiolf/>.
phd student (economics), Norwegian School of Economics.
currently visiting Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario.

* Re: release candidate 1.2.90
@ 2002-12-12  7:16 ` Erik Ø. Sørensen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Erik Ø. Sørensen @ 2002-12-12  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Compiled on Apple iBook (G3) with
CC=gcc2 CFLAGS="-Wno-long-double -g -O" ./configure --disable-shared,
and all tests passed.

gcc2 is 2.95.2.

Attempts with the default gcc, 3.1, failed with compiler error.
Attemps with -O2 failed when testing.

best regards,
Erik

--
Erik Ø. Sørensen,  <http://www.geocities.com/erik_oiolf/>.
phd student (economics), Norwegian School of Economics.
currently visiting Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario.

* Re: release candidate 1.2.90
@ 2002-12-12  7:02 ` Lukas Dobrek
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Lukas Dobrek @ 2002-12-12  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 06:07:02PM +0000, Brian Gough wrote:
> http://www.getafile.com/cgi-bin/merlot/get/network-theory/gsl/gsl-1.2.90.tar.gz

with:
dobrek:dobrek/gsl/gsl-1.2.90> gcc --version
2.95.4

on Axp ev6 with compilation flags:

gcc -c -mieee -mfp-rounding-mode=d -g -O2  conftest.c

make check dies in:

/scratch/boniek/dobrek/gsl/gsl-1.2.90/eigen

I got  nan insted of 0 in herm(10) test but this I thing is
a known issue.

Appart of it everything looks fine.

Lukasz Dobrek

PS. Thanks for this library.

--
£ukasz Dobrek
   An optimist believes that we live in the best of all possible worlds.

* Re: release candidate 1.2.90
@ 2002-12-12  5:31 ` Kenneth Geisshirt
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Kenneth Geisshirt @ 2002-12-12  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 19:07, Brian Gough wrote:

> Please test it out and report the results to
> gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com

All tests pass on my Mandrake 9.0 computer at work (Pentium IV, gcc 3.2,
glibc 2.2.5).

Kneth

* release candidate 1.2.90
@ 2002-12-12  2:11 Brian Gough
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Brian Gough @ 2002-12-12  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

http://www.getafile.com/cgi-bin/merlot/get/network-theory/gsl/gsl-1.2.90.tar.gz

Please test it out and report the results to
gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com

Brian

** Changed interface for gsl_sf_coupling_6j...(...). The old functions
actually calculated 6j for a permutation of the arguments (that
related to Racah W). This was incorrect and not consistent with
the documentation. The new versions calculate < {a,b,c}, {d,e,f} >,
as stated in the documentation. The old versions are still available
as gsl_sf_coupling_6j_INCORRECT...(...), though they are deprecated
and will be removed at some point in the future.

** Fixed compilation problems with gcc -ansi and other ANSI compilers.

** Fixed uninitialized memory access in the Niederreiter quasi-random
number generator.

** Fixed the eigenvalue routines to prevent an infinite loop for Inf
or NaN entries in matrix.

** Fixed a bug in the multifit and multiroots allocation routines
which cause them to fail to report some out of memory conditions.

** Fixed a bug in the seeding for the random number generator
gsl_rng_taus2 which affected a small number of seeds.

** Modified the complex householder transforms to avoid division by
zero, which could cause NaNs to be returned by the gsl_eigen_hermv
eigenvalue decomposition.

** The Nelder-Mead simplex algorithm for multidimensional
minimisation has been added.

** The random number distributions now include the Dirichlet and
Multinomial distributions.

** Added a new function gsl_fcmp for approximate comparison of
floating point numbers using Knuth's algorithm.

** Added new functions gsl_ldexp and gsl_frexp as portable
alternatives to ldexp() and frexp().

** Fixed a bug in gsl_linalg_bidiag_unpack_B which was returning
incorrect results for the superdiagonal.

** Fixed a bug in the acceptance condition for simulated annealing

** Ordinary differential equations can now be solved using a different
absolute error for each component with gsl_odeiv_control_scaled_new().