* Re[2]: pb compile under borland c++
@ 2001-12-19 13:20   ` Emmanuel Chomarat
From: Emmanuel Chomarat @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gough; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Hello Brian,

BG>  > I succeed to compile all module and to build libgsl.lib. but now when
BG>  > i try to link i have this error:
BG>  > Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
BG>  > Error: Unresolved external '_gsl_sf_lngamma' referenced from C:\LIBGSL.LIB|gamma
BG>  > Error: Unresolved external '_gsl_sf_choose' referenced from C:\LIBGSL.LIB|binomial
BG>  > Error: Unresolved external '_gsl_sf_lnfact' referenced from C:\LIBGSL.LIB|poisson

BG> The functions the randist directory (libgslrandist.a) need to use some
BG> functions from the specfunc directory, and cannot find them.  Perhaps
BG> it is due to the order of linking the files?
In fact i compile the files into obj. All compile good now. The next
step is to make a lib. How to do it, because the above pb is in fact
due that in the dir structure
root/
     >specfunc
     >randist
These two dirs have a file gamma.obj. When i try to add one to the
archive(lib) it's good but when i try to add the second i think that
there are problem of references because two files have the same name
in the lib. Do you think that it is pb? How to deal with it. I have
all obj files produced with borland C++ builder, no severe error and i
can't produce the lib.

Another little question how to export all functions to make a dll.
(in fact i try to use(with some modif,coff2omf,impdef,...)  the dll provided with the gsl-bin0.0.zip file
but some functions always don't work( i have a exception about the
fact that the memory is read....). Does anyone alreadu heard about
this.

--
Best regards,
 Emmanuel                            mailto:Emmanuel.Chomarat@bigfoot.com

* Re: Re[2]: pb compile under borland c++
@ 2001-12-19 13:20     ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmanuel Chomarat; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Emmanuel Chomarat writes:
 > In fact i compile the files into obj. All compile good now. The
 > next step is to make a lib. How to do it, because the above pb is
 > in fact due that in the dir structure root/
 >      >specfunc >randist
 > These two dirs have a file gamma.obj. When i try to add one to the
 > archive(lib) it's good but when i try to add the second i think
 > that there are problem of references because two files have the
 > same name in the lib. Do you think that it is pb? How to deal with
 > it. I have all obj files produced with borland C++ builder, no
 > severe error and i can't produce the lib.

With MSVC++ I was able to link object files from separate directories.
i.e.  it would allow linking of dir1/file.obj and dir2/file.obj into
the same library if the directories were different.

If that does not work maybe you'd have to rename one of the files?
Unfortunately there are many other files with the same names,
e.g. 'init.o', 'oper.o' etc in several directories.  So that probably
would not work either.  Sorry I cannot help more... my knowledge of
this subject is limited.

 > Another little question how to export all functions to make a dll.
 > (in fact i try to use(with some modif,coff2omf,impdef,...)  the dll
 > provided with the gsl-bin0.0.zip file but some functions always
 > don't work( i have a exception about the fact that the memory is
 > read....). Does anyone alreadu heard about this.

DLL's are a mystery to me... if someone can explain how to make them I
would also be interested!  I have only managed to make .lib files so
far.

Brian

From: Emmanuel Chomarat @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

in interpolation subdir
akima.c
Error E2024 akima.c 244: Cannot modify a const object in function
Error E2024 akima.c 280: Cannot modify a const object in function

in monte subdir
vegas.c
Error E2024 vegas.c 606: Cannot modify a const object in function random_point

in ode-initval
gear1.c
Error E2024 gear1.c 92: Cannot modify a const object in function gear1_apply

    Not really hard to fix but hard to understand. why it's prevent warning,
    it cause errors :)

I succeed to compile all module and to build libgsl.lib. but now when
i try to link i have this error:

Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
Error: Unresolved external '_gsl_sf_lngamma' referenced from C:\LIBGSL.LIB|gamma
Error: Unresolved external '_gsl_sf_choose' referenced from C:\LIBGSL.LIB|binomial
Error: Unresolved external '_gsl_sf_lnfact' referenced from C:\LIBGSL.LIB|poisson

i don't know for this time what it means, any ideas?

--
 Emmanuel                          mail:Emmanuel.Chomarat@bigfoot.com

From: Emmanuel Chomarat @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gough; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Hello Brian,

BG> Emmanuel Chomarat writes:
BG>  >
BG>  > in interpolation subdir
BG>  > akima.c
BG>  > Error E2024 akima.c 244: Cannot modify a const object in function
BG>  > Error E2024 akima.c 280: Cannot modify a const object in function
BG>  > Error E2024 vegas.c 606: Cannot modify a const object in function random_point
BG>  > Error E2024 gear1.c 92: Cannot modify a const object in function gear1_apply
BG>  >
BG>  >     Not really hard to fix but hard to understand. why it's prevent warning,
BG>  >     it cause errors :)

BG> Thanks for the bug reports.  I have made the line into a macro
BG> DISCARD_POINTER(p) which can be redefined in config.h.

BG>  > I succeed to compile all module and to build libgsl.lib. but now when
BG>  > i try to link i have this error:
BG>  > Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
BG>  > Error: Unresolved external '_gsl_sf_lngamma' referenced from C:\LIBGSL.LIB|gamma
BG>  > Error: Unresolved external '_gsl_sf_choose' referenced from C:\LIBGSL.LIB|binomial
BG>  > Error: Unresolved external '_gsl_sf_lnfact' referenced from C:\LIBGSL.LIB|poisson

BG> The functions the randist directory (libgslrandist.a) need to use some
BG> functions from the specfunc directory, and cannot find them.  Perhaps
BG> it is due to the order of linking the files?

I didnt'know that the linking part of the process need an order when i
add the obj files to the lib. I'll try this(i think that it's write in
the makefile) .

--
Best regards,
 Emmanuel                            mailto:Emmanuel.Chomarat@bigfoot.com