* GSL and MSVC or BCB6
@ 2002-09-09 13:30 Bolek Vrany
From: Bolek Vrany @ 2002-09-09 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

I need to compile gsl under Borland C++ BUilder 6. It is a very ANSI
compiler, however I cannot read the 230kB configure script etc. I
suppose this script creates the several files I cannot find - like
gsl_sys.h and config.h. Does anybody know how to use gsl with this
compiler or (at least) MSVC - if I could run it under MSVC that doesn't
run the configure script too, I would be able to use it under BCB too.

I know there is a refernce to file MSVC/readme, however I cannot find
this file at all.

Thank you very much
                   Ing. Boleslav Vrany
                   Doctoral student
                   Institute of Radio Engineering and Electronics
                   Czech Academy of Sciences
                   Chaberska 57
                   181 52 Praha 8
                   Czech Republic

                   vrany@ure.cas.cz
                   www.volny.cz/~bolek.vrany
                   (420 2) 6677 3531

  Tento email byl zkontrolovan programem RAV antivirus for postfix on mail.ure.cas.cz
       This email was checked by RAV antivirus for postfix on mail.ure.cas.cz

* Re: GSL and MSVC or BCB6
@ 2002-09-12 23:43 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2002-09-12 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bolek Vrany; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Bolek Vrany writes:
 > I need to compile gsl under Borland C++ BUilder 6. It is a very ANSI
 > compiler, however I cannot read the 230kB configure script etc. I
 > suppose this script creates the several files I cannot find - like
 > gsl_sys.h and config.h. Does anybody know how to use gsl with this
 > compiler or (at least) MSVC - if I could run it under MSVC that doesn't
 > run the configure script too, I would be able to use it under BCB too.

See the section "Binary Packages" at http://sources.redhat.com/gsl
for Windows ports.