* AM_PATH_GSL problem
@ 2002-09-25 10:29 Z F
From: Z F @ 2002-09-25 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Hello everybody,

I have written some code which uses gsl library.
In configure.in which I wrote there is an entry:
AM_PATH_GSL(0.7)

to check that the gsl library version.

I have gsl 1.2 installed but after the
configure script is created and ran, I see the output:

checking for GSL - version >= 0.7... no

and also the Makefile which is generated by the configure has
definition
LIBS = -lm  -lgslblas

which I do not understand (there is no libgslblas.a file in /usr/lib)
and output of gsl-config --libs is
-L/usr/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm
which is correct as far as I understand. Where does -lgslblas come
from?
I do not know if this is the autoconf/automake problem or my mistake or
gsl is not configured somehow.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

Lazar

http://sbc.yahoo.com

* Re: AM_PATH_GSL problem
@ 2002-09-26 12:30 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2002-09-26 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Z F; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Z F writes:
 > I have written some code which uses gsl library.
 > In configure.in which I wrote there is an entry:
 > AM_PATH_GSL(0.7)

Please can you send an example configure.in script which reproduces
the problem to this list. Thanks.

Brian

* Re: AM_PATH_GSL problem
@ 2002-10-02 20:03   ` Z F
From: Z F @ 2002-10-02 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gough; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Hello Brian

Below I reproduce the configure.in script. I should say that after
some fiddling around, I reran aclocal/automake/autoconf to recreate the
configure script and it fixed the problem.

My understanding was that after the configure script was created, all
the stuff to create it is not needed. Basically, even though I made a
package with make dist, at installation time I had to recreate the
configure script from scratch. So, I do not even know if this is a gsl
related problem or configure or I did something wrong.

Thank you for your help

Lazar

--- Brian Gough <bjg@network-theory.co.uk> wrote:
> Z F writes:
>  > I have written some code which uses gsl library.
>  > In configure.in which I wrote there is an entry:
>  > AM_PATH_GSL(0.7)
>  >

> Please can you send an example configure.in script which reproduces
> the problem to this list. Thanks.
>
> Brian

--------------------------------

dnl Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.

AC_INIT(libs/wimpil.h)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(wimpil, 0.2.0)
dnl AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)

dnl AC_ARG_PROGRAM
AC_PROG_MAKE_SET

dnl Check for which system.
AC_CANONICAL_HOST

dnl Checks for programs.
AC_PROG_CC
AC_PROG_CPP
AC_PROG_INSTALL
dnl AC_PROG_LN_S
AC_CHECK_TOOL(AR, ar, :)
AC_CHECK_TOOL(RANLIB, ranlib, :)
AC_PROG_RANLIB

dnl Check compiler features
AC_TYPE_SIZE_T
AC_C_CONST
AC_C_INLINE

dnl Checks for libraries and library functions
AC_CHECK_LIB(m, main)
AM_PATH_GSL(0.7)

dnl Checks for header files
dnl Checks for typedefs
dnl Checks for structures
dnl Checks for compiler characteristics
dnl Checks for library functions
dnl Checks for system services

AC_OUTPUT(Makefile libs/Makefile apps/Makefile)

http://sbc.yahoo.com

* Re: AM_PATH_GSL problem
@ 2002-10-06  2:58     ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2002-10-06  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Z F; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Z F writes:
 > Hello Brian
 >  Below I reproduce the configure.in script. I should say that after
 > some fiddling around, I reran aclocal/automake/autoconf to recreate
 > the configure script and it fixed the problem.
 >  My understanding was that after the configure script was created,
 > all the stuff to create it is not needed.

This is correct.

Perhaps aclocal has not been run before creating the configure script.
The necessary commands would be,

aclocal
automake
autoconf
./configure
make dist

If these don't work and it looks like the problem is specific to gsl
please send a complete tar file which reproduces the problem -- it
wasn't possible to tell from the single file where the problem
is. Thanks.

* CVS
@ 2002-10-11  2:33       ` Jacek Pliszka
From: Jacek Pliszka @ 2002-10-11  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Hi!

I finally have debugged multidimensional minimalization
algorithm I copied from Brent's book.

Now I would like to start adjusting it to GSL CVS version.

However I encountered the following problem:

 cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/gsl login
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:2401/cvs/gsl
CVS password:
cvs login: authorization failed: server sources.redhat.com rejected access
to /cvs/gsl for user anoncvs

Could somebody tell me what is going on?

How shall I proceed to ensure that the procedure is GSL compatible
and can be included in future GSL release ?

Best Regards,

Jacek Pliszka