* Re: C++-Wrapper for GSL?
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olaf Lenz; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Olaf Lenz writes:
 > As I have seen when browsing the mailing lists archive, there seem to
 > be some others out there that would be interested or are already
 > working on some C++-classes that wrap the GSL.
 >
 > Until now I wrote some wrapper around the Histograms and the Random
 > Number Generators that I would readily share with others.
 >
 > Is there any interest on the side of the GSL authors to include
 > wrapping C++ classes into the GSL in the long or short term? Or would
 > it be better to build an own 'GSL++' package?
 > Anyway, if the answer is positive, I would be ready to contribute.

I am certainly interested in seeing C++ wrappers. I think it's best to
keep them as a separate package -- that way they are not tied to the
GSL release schedule.  You should speak to Ramin Nakisa who has
written a C++ wrapper for the matrices and vectors (discussed on the
list earlier, you will find his address there).  I think there may
also be some other modules that I can't remember right now. Maybe you
can use savannah.gnu.org or sourceforge.net to set up a repository.

* C++-Wrapper for GSL?
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 Olaf Lenz
From: Olaf Lenz @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss; +Cc: Olaf Lenz