* Re: Problem
@ 2001-11-04  4:13   ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2001-11-04  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodoros Katsaounis; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Theodoros Katsaounis writes:
 > I downloaded the gsl library version 1.0 from the mirror
 > site in UK. I followed the instructions for building the library.
 > The build was succesuful, no errors during the make process.
 > Then I installed the library and when I tried to use it I got
 > the following error during linking
 >
 > -- Undefined                       first referenced
 > __eprintf                           ../../../../lib/libgsl.so
 > ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors.
 >
 > Any suggestions ? The build was done on a Ultra 5 Sun running
 > solaris.

Not sure what's causing that.  A few questions:

-- What is the command line you're using to do the link?
-- Does the static library libgsl.a work instead of libgsl.so?

regards
Brian

* Re: Problem
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodoros Katsaounis; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Theodoros Katsaounis writes:
 > I downloaded the gsl library version 1.0 from the mirror
 > site in UK. I followed the instructions for building the library.
 > The build was succesuful, no errors during the make process.
 > Then I installed the library and when I tried to use it I got
 > the following error during linking
 >
 > -- Undefined                       first referenced
 > __eprintf                           ../../../../lib/libgsl.so
 > ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors.
 >
 > Any suggestions ? The build was done on a Ultra 5 Sun running
 > solaris.

Not sure what's causing that.  A few questions:

-- What is the command line you're using to do the link?
-- Does the static library libgsl.a work instead of libgsl.so?

regards
Brian

* Problem
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 Theodoros Katsaounis
From: Theodoros Katsaounis @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Dear friends

I downloaded the gsl library version 1.0 from the mirror
site in UK. I followed the instructions for building the library.
The build was succesuful, no errors during the make process.
Then I installed the library and when I tried to use it I got
the following error during linking

-- Undefined                       first referenced
__eprintf                           ../../../../lib/libgsl.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors.

Any suggestions ? The build was done on a Ultra 5 Sun running

solaris.

Thanks

Th. Katsaounis

Theodoros Katsaounis
Departement de mathematiques et applications (DMA)
Ecole Normale Superieure
45, rue d'Ulm
Paris cedex 05 , 75230
FRANCE
tel: +33 1 44 32 20 65
fax: +33 1 44 32 20 80

* Re: Problem
@ 2002-09-25 11:24 ` Steve ROBBINS
From: Steve ROBBINS @ 2002-09-25 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Przemyslaw Sliwa; +Cc: gsl-discuss

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 07:28:49PM +0200, Przemyslaw Sliwa wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a small problem:
> I compile the program on my PC and send the executable file on the
> server which does not
> have GSL. Trying to execute it I get the error:
> error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory.
>
> Does anyone know the problem.

You just described the problem: the server does not have GSL installed.

You have two options: 1. install gsl on the server, or 2. build your
application using the static gsl libraries.  The recipe for the
second option depends on your compiler; for gcc, link with
"gcc -static ...".

-S

* Problem
@ 2002-09-25 10:46 Przemyslaw Sliwa