* Re: How to compile GSL using DJGPP ?
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 Rodney Sparapani
From: Rodney Sparapani @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss; +Cc: rvc

Vijay:

The reason that it doesn't appear on the supported platforms list is because DOS
only supports 8.3 file names.  But, GSL has some file names that are longer than
31 characters.  There are probably ways that you can get around this, but nobody
has done it yet.

>Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 22:07:58 -0600
>From: "Vijaya C Ramasami (Vijay)" <rvc@ku.edu>
>To: GSL Discuss <gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
>Subject: How to compile GSL using DJGPP ?
>
>Hi,
>
> I just downloaded GSL from sources.redhat.com. I am using a MS-DOS
>version of the GNU C++ compiler (called DJGPP). I don't know how to
>compile the source code using this version of gcc. MS-DOS does not
>appear on the list of compiled platforms.
>
>Please help..
>
>-Vijay.

Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
rsparapa@mcw.edu              http://www.mcw.edu/pcor
Was 'Name That Tune' rigged?  WWLD -- What Would Lombardi Do

* Re: How to compile GSL using DJGPP ?
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 GnuWin32
From: GnuWin32 @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gsl Discuss, rvc

Gsl should compile in the standard way using Djgpp-2 if Djgpp is installed
on an MS-Windows system; Djgpp can then handle long file names. Just run
configure and make. I'm not absolutely certain there will be no errors, but
they will probably be minor ones.
Under plain DOS, you might indeed run into trouble with the 8+3
filename-restriction; see the Djgpp FAQ on how to work around this.

Kees Zeelenberg

@ 2001-12-19 13:20 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijaya C Ramasami (Vijay); +Cc: GSL Discuss

Vijaya C Ramasami (Vijay) writes:
 >  I just downloaded GSL from sources.redhat.com. I am using a MS-DOS
 > version of the GNU C++ compiler (called DJGPP). I don't know how to
 > compile the source code using this version of gcc. MS-DOS does not
 > appear on the list of compiled platforms.
 >
 > Please help..

Somebody reported on the list that they had compiled an earlier
version of GSL some time back.  You should find the message about it
in the mailing list archives at http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gsl-discuss/
if you search for djgpp. Let me know if you succeed in compiling
it.  To run the tests see the "MACHINES" file in the distribution
for instructions on increasing the stack size.

regards
Brian

* How to compile GSL using DJGPP ?
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 Vijaya C Ramasami (Vijay)