* Re: Header files for gsl-1.0 ?
@ 2001-11-15 10:38   ` Achim Gaedke
From: Achim Gaedke @ 2001-11-15 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris McDonald; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Chris McDonald schrieb:

> I was "expecting" the headers to be provided in the various binary RPMs,
> else I would have made many errors prototyping.
>
> Thanks again,

Okay, that is easy!

echo \*.h >only_headers
rpm2cpio /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/gsl-0.9-1.i386.rpm |cpio -i -d -E only_headers

cpio reads patterns only from files, -E only_headers selects the headers, -d creates
directories, -i is the extract mode

Yours!

Achim

* Re: Header files for gsl-1.0 ?
       [not found] <200111172207.fAHM75i04357@budgie.cs.uwa.edu.au>
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 ` Achim Gaedke
From: Achim Gaedke @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris McDonald; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Chris McDonald schrieb:

> I was "expecting" the headers to be provided in the various binary RPMs,
> else I would have made many errors prototyping.
>
> Thanks again,

Okay, that is easy!

echo \*.h >only_headers
rpm2cpio /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/gsl-0.9-1.i386.rpm |cpio -i -d -E only_headers

cpio reads patterns only from files, -E only_headers selects the headers, -d creates
directories, -i is the extract mode

Yours!

Achim

* Header files for gsl-1.0 ?
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 Chris McDonald
From: Chris McDonald @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Is there a convenient way to obtain the header files (containing function
prototypes) for the functions of gsl-1.0, without having to download and
extract them from the source distribution?

                  Dr Chris McDonald   EMAIL:  chris@cs.uwa.edu.au
     Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
The University of Western Australia   WWW: http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au/~chris
   Crawley, Western Australia, 6009   PH: +61 8 9380 2533, FAX: +61 8 9380 1089

* Re: Header files for gsl-1.0 ?
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 ` Achim Gaedke
From: Achim Gaedke @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris McDonald; +Cc: gsl-discuss

I have sent my headers to Chris. There is no way to get the headers seperately, except from
selecting these files by cvs. Maybe the maintainers can define a header module in terms of cvs.
But the headers are configured afaik, so they are system-dependent.

Yours

Achim

@ 2001-11-14  4:23   ` Achim Gaedke
From: Achim Gaedke @ 2001-11-14  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)