* Eigenvalue routines for generalized complex matrices
@ 2009-01-03  3:34 Jonathan Leto
From: Jonathan Leto @ 2009-01-03  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Hello,

I was wondering if there were any plans to add routines for finding
the eigenvalues of a generalized (i.e. non-Hermitian ) complex matrix
to GSL? Does anyone have recommendations for the best open source
routines for accomplishing this?

Cheers,

--
[---------------------]
  Jonathan Leto

* Re: Eigenvalue routines for generalized complex matrices
@ 2009-01-03  5:17 ` Patrick Alken
From: Patrick Alken @ 2009-01-03  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Leto; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Currently there are no plans and it would involve a large
effort to do this. I would recommend using LAPACK for complex
matrices. Its possible that the eigenvalue problem alone would
be manageable but getting the eigenvectors would require porting
large amounts of LAPACK code.

Patrick Alken