* Re: Bug in gsl_matrix_get_col
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 E. Robert Tisdale
From: E. Robert Tisdale @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Ramin Nakisa wrote:

> Wow - a bug fix in the time it took to go to the supermarket.
> Maybe I should write to Micro$oft
> and ask them to fix their USB code
> so that Windows doesn't crash every time I use USB devices.
> Maybe not.

Recent research indicates that the Psychic Network is a better deal.

	http://www.bmug.org/news/articles/MSvsPF.html

* Bug in gsl_matrix_get_col
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 Ramin Nakisa
From: Ramin Nakisa @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

When I tried this...

#include <stdio.h>
#include <gsl/gsl_matrix.h>

int main ()
{
   int i, j;
   gsl_matrix * m = gsl_matrix_alloc (10, 3) ;
   gsl_vector * v = gsl_vector_alloc (10) ;

   for (i = 0; i < 10; i++)
      for (j = 0; j < 3; j++)
         gsl_matrix_set (m, i, j, 0.23 + 100*i + j);

   gsl_matrix_get_col( v, m, 0 );
   for (i = 0; i < 10; i++)
      printf("v(%d) = %g\n", i, gsl_vector_get ( v, i ));
}

I got this...

v(0) = 200.23
v(1) = 0
v(2) = 0
v(3) = 0
v(4) = 0
v(5) = 0
v(6) = 0
v(7) = 0
v(8) = 0
v(9) = 0

which means there's a problem.  gsl_matrix_get_row seems to work okay.

* Re: Bug in gsl_matrix_get_col
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raminnakisa; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Ramin Nakisa writes:
 > When I tried this...
 >    gsl_matrix_get_col( v, m, 0 );
 >
 > I got this...

Thanks for the bug report.  It is fixed now.

* Re: Bug in gsl_matrix_get_col
@ 2001-12-19 13:20   ` Ramin Nakisa
From: Ramin Nakisa @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

> Thanks for the bug report.  It is fixed now.

Wow - a bug fix in the time it took to go to the supermarket.  Maybe I
should write to Micro$oft and ask them to fix their USB code so Windows
doesn't crash every time I use USB devices.  Maybe not.

Thanks.