* Re[2]: compile pb
@ 2001-12-19 13:20   ` Emmanuel Chomarat
From: Emmanuel Chomarat @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose Miguel Buenaposada; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Hello Jose,
   Thanks for this help, i'll try to use your advises, but i saw that
   i have to declare some #define for the compiler:
   i saw WIN32;_NDEBUG;_MBCS;_LIB flags in the msvc libgsl.dsp
   Do you think this flags are good for a build with another win32
   compiler. What are they doing?
   Another question if i want to do a dll(that is different from
   those i can find in a gsl-bin*.zip), how to export all functions
   in the lib, i can be do with some comandline utilities but does a
   flag exist?

--
Best regards,
 Emmanuel                            mailto:Emmanuel.Chomarat@bigfoot.com

* Re: compile pb
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmanuel Chomarat; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Emmanuel Chomarat writes:
 >   Can any1 help me to compile GSL, or give some way to investigate in
 >   the compilation. In the dist you use automake that is  a great
 >   product under unix like system, but i'm not sur that this format is
 >   human easy understandable. I'have some problems to make a makefile
 >   that will be good with borland c++, and i don't know how to generate
 >   makefile(except with cygwin but i think it contains some
 >   POSIX particularities that i don't have under borland) .

I used the perl script msvc/am2ms.pl to create the MS project files
from the Automake .am files.

Maybe the script could be modified to create NMAKE files.

regards
Brian Gough

* Re: Re[2]: compile pb
@ 2001-12-19 13:20         ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmanuel Chomarat; +Cc: Jose Miguel Buenaposada, gsl-discuss

Emmanuel Chomarat writes:
 > Hello Jose,
 >
 >       I tried yours advises on the rng subdirs. Good news, the compile
 >       works good and i succeeded in the creation of a mini lib as you
 >       explain me. But know i have a problem, when i try to create an
 >       app and to link this lib the compiler fails. The reason is the
 >       following lines:
 >
 >                 gsl_rng_type * T;

needs to be

  const gsl_rng_type * T;

now (pointer to const). Some of the documentation was out of date,
I've updated it now.  Thanks for reporting that.

From: Emmanuel Chomarat @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

  Hi all,

  I used gsl under windows with msvc lib and it works good. But at
  this time i need your help to compile gsl under Borland C++ builder.
  Please help me or let me know if someone has already investigate
  this way. C++ builder is a good compiler and i think a makefile for
  borland product lack. GSL with his licence is free, Borland offer a
  great C++ compiler(v5.5) to the community, i think that it is a good pair
  if we can have both, working together.

  Can any1 help me to compile GSL, or give some way to investigate in
  the compilation. In the dist you use automake that is  a great
  product under unix like system, but i'm not sur that this format is
  human easy understandable. I'have some problems to make a makefile
  that will be good with borland c++, and i don't know how to generate
  makefile(except with cygwin but i think it contains some
  POSIX particularities that i don't have under borland) .

  TIA,

--
 Emmanuel                          mail:Emmanuel.Chomarat@bigfoot.com

* Re: compile pb
@ 2001-12-19 13:20 ` Jose Miguel Buenaposada
From: Jose Miguel Buenaposada @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmanuel Chomarat, gsl-discuss

From: Emmanuel Chomarat @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose Miguel Buenaposada; +Cc: gsl-discuss

Hello Jose,

      I tried yours advises on the rng subdirs. Good news, the compile
      works good and i succeeded in the creation of a mini lib as you
      explain me. But know i have a problem, when i try to create an
      app and to link this lib the compiler fails. The reason is the
      following lines:

                gsl_rng_type * T;
                gsl_rng_env_setup() ;
                T = gsl_rng_default;
      But when i'm looking in the <gsl\gsl_rng.h> i saw

          const gsl_rng_type ** gsl_rng_types_setup(void);
          extern const gsl_rng_type *gsl_rng_default;

     The compiler gives me the message :
Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
app.cpp:
Error E2034 app.cpp 8: Cannot convert 'const gsl_rng_type *' to 'gsl_rng_type *'
 in function main()
*** 1 errors in Compile ***

I m not an expert in const pointer, but does any1 can explain me this
error. in fact i tried many other modules and it is nearly the only
error i encountered.

From: Jose Miguel Buenaposada @ 2001-12-19 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmanuel Chomarat; +Cc: gsl-discuss