* Generalized SVD (GSVD)
@ 2006-05-29 16:15 Karaoulis Marios
From: Karaoulis Marios @ 2006-05-29 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl

Hi, i am searching an GSVD algorithm (Matrix Computations Golub , Van
Loan chapter 8.7.3). All i can find is lapack and clapack funvtions,
which i can't really undersrtadn them in order to use them. Are any
plants for this function?
Thank you.

--
*************************************
KARAOULIS MARIOS

* Re: Generalized SVD (GSVD)
@ 2006-06-01 13:56 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2006-06-01 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karaoulis Marios; +Cc: gsl

Karaoulis Marios writes:
 > Hi, i am searching an GSVD algorithm (Matrix Computations Golub , Van
 > Loan chapter 8.7.3). All i can find is lapack and clapack funvtions,
 > which i can't really undersrtadn them in order to use them. Are any
 > plants for this function?

Sorry we don't have that function, you can find a complete list of
available matrix decompositions in the GSL Manual.  We'd like to add
GSVD too but I can't give any timescales.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,
Publishing the GSL Manual - http://www.network-theory.co.uk/gsl/manual/

* Re: Generalized SVD (GSVD)
@ 2006-06-05 18:45   ` Karaoulis Marios
From: Karaoulis Marios @ 2006-06-05 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gough; +Cc: gsl

Brian Gough wrote:
> Karaoulis Marios writes:
>  > Hi, i am searching an GSVD algorithm (Matrix Computations Golub , Van
>  > Loan chapter 8.7.3). All i can find is lapack and clapack funvtions,
>  > which i can't really undersrtadn them in order to use them. Are any
>  > plants for this function?
>
> Sorry we don't have that function, you can find a complete list of
> available matrix decompositions in the GSL Manual.  We'd like to add
> GSVD too but I can't give any timescales.

Basically i am trying right now to write one (depending on Matlab's
one). I believe i will finish it by the end of this week (if i find
time). But i could use some help....

--